X

Sync

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync

Ill be syncing my carbs today 2 at a time with homemade carb sync tool..
    I read some of the post on syncing ,but Im still unclear I know they are done 2 at a time 1 and 2 then 3 and 4.That part i get,But when syncing the left 2 carbs to the right 2 carbs which ports do I use 2 and 3?
    Thanks for any help.
    Im not a carburetor guru.

Yup, you got it..

Comment

Thanks dude..

Comment

Originally posted by wismo View Post
        Ill be syncing my carbs today 2 at a time with homemade carb sync tool..
        I read some of the post on syncing ,but Im still unclear I know they are done 2 at a time 1 and 2 then 3 and 4.That part i get,But when syncing the left 2 carbs to the right 2 carbs which ports do I use 2 and 3?
        Thanks for any help.
        Any carb from 1-2, with any carb from 3-4.

The reason being is each set is now synced together, so you should be getting the same vacuum from either carb of a set.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

OK just tried that 10 foot of tubing strapped to a yard stick. 1and 2 good 3and 4 good, but left and right one side seems to pull a lot more than the other.
          The idle goes way up when I turn middle screw one way then I turn the other way and it idles better but no balanced,than up goes the idle again..Oh man someone bail me out the fumes are getting to me...

Comment

The idle can change as the carbs get balanced. If you have to lower the idle as you go do it.. You are synching at 1800 rpm (it is 1800 right?)..

Comment

around 1800 ok im done for now got work soon but i will try again when i get back at 11 pm .

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                The idle can change as the carbs get balanced. If you have to lower the idle as you go do it.. You are synching at 1800 rpm (it is 1800 right?)..
                1700 I think is what is called for in specs, but I'm sure 1700-1800 is close enough...

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah you just want it off the idle jet..

Comment

I definately must have scrrewed something up or Im doing something wrong.

When I THINK IM done syncing carbs its idleing at around 1500 rmps or so and idle adjustment is backed off all the way.

Could my float height be wrong,also I did increase main jet size.

Oh and the mains I got were the ones that are a different style they have a smaller outside diameter and it was recomended to me not to change styles,but I did anyway Just to try. PLEASE any thoughts before I change those back to stock...Thanks.
                    Last edited by wismo; 08-08-2009, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Check throttle cable adjustment to make sure you aren't holding the butterflies open slightly
                      2000 Katana 600
                      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Didnt check that i will go right now thanks

Comment

If the idle won't stabilize... you might have an air or vac leak.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Oh wait.. Jets??
                            Did you clean the carbs?
                            Did you adjust the F/A screws to suggested settings for the jet kit?

Comment

no kit just mains
                              clean carbs
                              set floats
                              mix screws at 2.5 turns out
                              choke cable out of adjustment seems PRETTY good re assembling not to try it out Ill chek in later

Comment

Working...
                              X