X

blue lenses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue lenses

Has anybody seen these, I would like to see some pics of them on a bike.
    www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
    Katana Frame Sliders
    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
    98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
    I couldn't have done this without you.

you can kind of get an idea of what it would look like.

Long Live the D

Comment

In Pinellas, that would be asking for legal troubles 6-ways-from-Sunday. But it looks cool...

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

with CyberPoet. I am a "Po Po" and although it looks very cool, you would get stopped and ticketed more times than it is worth getting the light covers. I of course would not stop and give a fellow motorcycle rider a ticket for it because it looks cool, but there are some that would write you a ticket for EACH lens...the fines add up very quickly.

Hey CyberPoet, I'm from Bradenton. Maybe we can hook up and ride together some time. I will be going to Quaker Steak this Wednesday night for bike night. Maybe we can meet there. Let me know if you can make it.
        sigpic
        John - AKA: Negster
        2005 Katana 600

Comment

Clear Tail

I have a 2005 Kat and I just installed the clear version of this tail light assembly. It installs very easily and is pretty sweet. I havn't checked with local law enforcement, but I assume that the clear lens with red LED tail and brake lights is leagal?? The integrated turn signal LEDs are very clear and clearly separated form the red LEDs. I have been doing some mods lately and I chopped the shovel and installed an undertail kit from www.superbikestore.com This new tail light assembly is great...I no longer have external turn signals and the back of the bike looks pretty slick. I will post some pics when i complet my mods.

Larry

Comment

Negster,
            As a Po Po, what do you think...clear tail lense w/ red LEDs legal in most states?? How about the integrated yellow turn signals in the tail light assembly??

Comment

Originally posted by 1stkat
              clear tail lense w/ red LEDs legal in most states??
              I'm sure Negster will respond as well, but I'll get this in:

As of 2004, it is legal nationally under Federal code regulating vehicle lighting to use clear lenses with red LED or incandescent bulbs as long as they meet the light-level requirements for that kind of lighting (i.e. for braking, for running lights, for blinkers).

Just like daytime headlight oscillators for motorcycles, which are also legal under federal code...

Now whether your jurisdiction has any laws that want to contradict that is up to your local politicians, but generally local laws can't invalidate federal code in such matters, and no judge on the planet will want to get caught up in the politics of over-ruling the locals or the feds, and will just toss it out without finding (thus removing the need to make a ruling on the legality of the local statute contradicting federal code).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: Clear Tail

Originally posted by 1stkat
                I have a 2005 Kat and I just installed the clear version of this tail light assembly. It installs very easily and is pretty sweet. I havn't checked with local law enforcement, but I assume that the clear lens with red LED tail and brake lights is leagal?? The integrated turn signal LEDs are very clear and clearly separated form the red LEDs. I have been doing some mods lately and I chopped the shovel and installed an undertail kit from www.superbikestore.com This new tail light assembly is great...I no longer have external turn signals and the back of the bike looks pretty slick. I will post some pics when i complet my mods.

Larry
                That Hugger looks nice.

I would alos really like to see some pics of that undertail installed!
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

I ordered both the hugger and the undertail from www.superbikestore.com. I have installed the undertail. The hugger should arrive next week. The undertail was about a 4 hour job and it turned out great!
                  Other mods completed: 2005 Kat 600
                  > Smoked windscreen
                  > Clear front turn signals
                  > Had all white fairings professionally painted blue to match the rest of the bike... passanger grab bar and front fender painted blue...whole bike is solid factory blue now
                  > Removed stock decals and put on custom decals
                  > Perreli Diablo 160/60 rear 120/70 front
                  > Clear integrated tail light
                  > Yoshi RS3 slip on
                  > + 4 ignition advance
                  > AND OF COURSE... I ordered a solo seat cowl that I will have painted blue when it arrives.

I will get some pics posted as soon as my wife finds the battery charger for the digital camera.

Comment

I changed my front signals to red lenses to match the bike and on the rear I put a smoked one with the led and intergrated signals!!
                    Lance
                    2005 Kat 600

Comment

if it has colored light the lens color shouldnt matter

Comment

Well someone here with a blue bike needs to order them, and take some pics.
                        www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                        Katana Frame Sliders
                        The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                        98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                        I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
                          if it has colored light the lens color shouldnt matter
                          The lens acts as a light color-filter, even in the stock lenses.
                          Put a white bulb behind the red lens, get the red light brake warnings normally use. Any color other than the red is rejected as the light passes through the lens.
                          The problem is that there is no color of bulb that you can put behind a blue pass-thru color-filter (the blue lens) that will work to give you a red result --
                          white bulb + blue lens = blue light
                          yellow bulb + blue lens = green light
                          red bulb + blue lens = purple light
                          etc, etc.

I don't know about in your jurisdiction, but in Florida (and most places in the USA), blue lights are reserved for use by law enforcement (not even ambulances and fire trucks use it here). Use of blue lighting will get you significant heartburn here, ranging from improper lighting tickets (minor) to as serious as impersonating an officer (felony) if the issueing officer really wants to make it painful for you.

I watched a rider get ticketed by the State Troopers about a month ago because his integrated rear LED's were red with some blue LED's on the fringes... Watching the cop decide which of the 70 bikers he was going to pull over was like watching a no-brainer -- who drew attention?

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I nearly ordered the blue lenses from CA for my bike as well; luckily, my future brother-in-law reminded me who else uses blue lights on a daily basis, and I quickly changed my order to clear.

Oh, and I'm with SweetLou; I'd like to see a picture or two of that installed undertail. I've been looking for an undertail to fit an 05 Katana 600 and, so far, no luck; if you've found one that looks good then it shall renew my hope.

Comment

Florida Law States:

316.224 Color of clearance lamps, identification lamps, side marker lamps, backup lamps, reflectors, and deceleration lights.--

(1) Front clearance lamps, identification lamps, and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color.

(2) Rear clearance lamps, identification lamps, and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the rear or on the sides near the rear of a vehicle shall display or reflect a red color.

(3) All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except the stop light or other signal device, which may be red, amber, or yellow, and except that the light illuminating the license plate shall be white and the light emitted by a backup lamp shall be white or amber.

316.2397 Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.--

(1) No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.

(2) It is expressly prohibited for any vehicle or equipment, except police vehicles, to show or display blue lights.

As you can see, clear lenses are not against the law, just the color of the light that is flashed through the clear lenses.
                              sigpic
                              John - AKA: Negster
                              2005 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X