X

Back from first trip!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
    I've ridden that road, we live near by. My best words of advice is.. I'd listen to anything and everything thetable may say. I've seen him ride, I've ridden with him, if by ridden with him you mean I caught up when they stopped to wait. He's one of the more skilled riders I've met and he puts in more saddle time than most of the rest of us combined. He's earned the right to come across as slightly arrogant sometimes.
    Right on I gotchya, and definitely am listening. Always nice to get whatever info/tips I can!

Now to figure out what I want to do with the bike, kinda seems like I Can go ahead n mess around with the fairings like I've been planning on
    2001 GSX600F

Comment

Glad you're still in one piece and not hurt!

On a side note, what camera is that and how did you get rid of the wind noise? I've been fighting it with my Contour HD and can't find a way to kill the wind noise. It basically makes the audio worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyderturbo007 View Post
        On a side note, what camera is that and how did you get rid of the wind noise? I've been fighting it with my Contour HD and can't find a way to kill the wind noise. It basically makes the audio worthless.
        Based on the distance from the helmet, I'm guessing GoPro. As to wind noise, the Ape's have some pretty impressive aerodynamics in general, and the RSV is one of the prime examples. I know on the older RSV Mille, they designed vortex generators on the front fairing to keep the rider in clean air.

IIRC, the Contour audio levels can be adjusted with the software, but overall, the Contour is still a little lacking in the audio department. You could try making some sort of windsock for the mic, but in the end it's just like real-estate and retail, it's all about location, location, location. Keep moving the camera around until you find somewhere with minimal wind noise.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Indeed. as thetable said, it's a GoPro. I think the hero2 (it's the one before the newest). Awesome little devices, especially the newest one can go full 1080@120fps! All the extreme sports peeps have been using them
          2001 GSX600F

Comment

If you're interested. Drift has an external mic wich you can mount inside your helmet or cover to reduce wind noice if you want ambient sound. I've seen good quality vids from this cam and has very good light adaptation if you ask me (dark -> light).
            Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

got a replacement mirror for the one that broke from expvet just put it on and it's nice to have both ears again heh
              2001 GSX600F

Comment

so when it went down the first time, the left slider went right into some mud/grass and it snapped the bolt. Would like to put it back on but I need to get the piece that's stuck in the mounting bracket out, I guess drilling through and rethreading would be best aye?
                2001 GSX600F

Comment

if you take the plastics off can you get to either side with a set of vise grips might make it a little easier on you(if you have access to a welder can tack a washer to the bolt and get it with vise grips just don't weld to the frame lol), but if you have to drill go with a slightly smaller bit than the bolt so as to try and not hit the threads (usually start with even smaller bit) use left-hand drill bit and it might come out halfway through drilling if not grab yourself an easy out from someplace like a napa if done right no re-threading needed
                  never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
                  Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
                  confused katana build

Comment

Working...
                  X