X

Gasket wont fit over wileyco midpipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasket wont fit over wileyco midpipe

I just removed my stock exhaust and gasket, but when i go to put the gasket over the wileyco pipe, it wont fit. Even if it DID fit, theres no way that the wileyco pipe would be able to fit into the place its suppoesd to go (header i think*?*). The pipe fits by itself, but theres no way that it will fit with the gasket. The wileyco pipe expands at the end where as the stock pipe is gets smaller where the gasket goes. Please help!!

i feel your pain im going through the same thing but i was told you have to bend the tabs on the header ever so slightly to get them in, the gasket and the midpipe that is.
    DONT DO ANYTHING I WOULDNT DO, IF YOU DO NAME IT AFTER ME

Comment

LAME. Thats gonna be kinda hard.

Comment

yeah. My wileyco pipe has a 2 1/8" . diameter, and my stock pipe has a 2" diameter. Perhaps i just need to send it back? If i could just find that putty stuff, it would be perfect. *sigh*

Comment

I've heard some people talk about pipe-spreaders . But I imagine the pipe should fit without the need to resort to that . Maybe call the company and b!tch .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

when i installed the yosh in my wife's bike i used a pipe spreader.. Worked like a champ. had to use it on the stock gasket and the factory header to gt the slip-on to "slip on"

Comment

Originally posted by chriskatana
              when i installed the yosh in my wife's bike i used a pipe spreader.. Worked like a champ. had to use it on the stock gasket and the factory header to gt the slip-on to "slip on"

Is that the thing you have to rent, can you just pick one up?

Comment

Actually, I just looked at the midpipe for the wiley I got, after seeing repeated messages about this issue... turns out mine is definitely way off (2-1/4" female flanged at the header end of midpipe, rather than 2" male ended version). I just fired off a message to the seller, and if I don't hear back by Monday evening, I'll take it up with the US importer, who is just a couple towns over from me. Based on the shape/design, it would be easy to take a straight piece of 2" tubing and mate it between the two, but that's hodge-podge and would place the exhaust further back than I think it ought to be (at least ought to be based on my original inspections -- once at the bike, I may find that I want the extra cornering clearance to the rear (or using a bent inbetween, a lower mounting to not interfere with the Givi bags)...

My guess is that I'll probably skip using the can all-together and resell it come spring (impulse buy -- I don't want to move away from a stock can, do I?)...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X