No announcement yet.
X

WILEY CO IS ON

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats right, I remember ... Thanks brooder.

Comment

I really like the sound of mine lucky someone had all ready put it on and rejeted it also a K&N.It's does have a very nice sound good mod and you got a great price.
      1998 Katana green Wileyco pipe,K&N filter,Pilot powers.

Comment

The guy who has the ebay store isnt very adept at returned emails and questions though..that much is clear.

Sounds like he's good to deal w/ as far as shipping and quality of the product as promised though.

Comment

If you need some sound clips just gimme ur phone number and ill hole the phone up lol...i dont have a recording device. The guy on the ebay store was very prompt for me. As soon as the money was sent the package was shipped.
          R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

Comment

There's another simple reason you don't want a leak there:
            Because you don't want to be breathing fumes at traffic lights and in traffic jams. Where does hot gas go? It rises. Where's the mid-pipe connector? Right below your mouth and nose. Seal it up right

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              There's another simple reason you don't want a leak there:
              Because you don't want to be breathing fumes at traffic lights and in traffic jams. Where does hot gas go? It rises. Where's the mid-pipe connector? Right below your mouth and nose. Seal it up right

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              OOOOO so that is why i felt so great on my ride yesterday

Comment

RydeBye did you have to do anything other than swap the mid pipe and exhaust? I vaguely remember something about a center stand bolt needed to be removed? hopefully I'm thinking about another aftermarket pipe and not the wileyco.
                Kyle

Comment

centerstand did not have to be touched. You lose the rubber stopper from the centerstand because of the way the stock exhaust was but wont affect the centerstand's function. I had the bike on the centerstand while putting the exhaust on.

Comment

i have an exhaust leak myself. i just haven't fixed it cuz i kinda like the snap crackle pop sound it gives off...lol.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                      i have an exhaust leak myself. i just haven't fixed it cuz i kinda like the snap crackle pop sound it gives off...lol.
                      HAHA heck ya that sounds is sweet i like it too.

Comment

ok i am crazy but i looked it up on this forum and I really did not find a definative answer. Putting a slip-on on ur bike accually robs u of HP
                        <---Whatever or Whoever u do RIDE it hard--->

Comment

I tried to fit mine and it won't slip on. The midpipe won't fit around the pipe it is connecting to. Also, the clamp/bracelet holding on the stock exhaust is welded to the top of the pipe. It looks like this has to come off for the pipe to fit and for the WileyCo clamp to go on.

I threw the stock exhaust back on for now.

Do I need a pipe expander or is there an easier tool to do this? Do I need to remove the stock clamp/bracelet? Any other suggestions?

Comment

My midpipe fit inside the header just as the stock one did. It was a very tight squeeze but we had to roll the edges like half a pubic hair to make it fit right. We used a rubber mallet and just hit it slightly a couple times nothing hard. If it really is too big then contact the wiley co company and they will replace it. Refer to the post in the parts and gear forum under the wiley co for sale on ebay. Wiley co will guarentee thier stuff 100 percent through any distributor. Also i used the stock clamp for the fitment. The pipe should fit so that it goes inside i do not believe it should be on the outside. I need to snag a gasket though cause i dont have a gasket from mid pip to header.

Comment

Metal Mage where in GA u live???

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMage
                                ok i am crazy but i looked it up on this forum and I really did not find a definative answer. Putting a slip-on on ur bike accually robs u of HP
                                If anything the stock exhaust robs you of HP..the way the aftermarket exhausts are designed is to let more exhaust flow out w/ less restriction; there giving you more HP. Now you wont gain much w/ slip on,maybe 5 HP, but still its better than nothing and of course the sound is better.

A full system will gain alot more HP depending on what type it is.

tried to fit mine and it won't slip on. The midpipe won't fit around the pipe it is connecting to. Also, the clamp/bracelet holding on the stock exhaust is welded to the top of the pipe. It looks like this has to come off for the pipe to fit and for the WileyCo clamp to go on

Yes when you pull off the stock exhaust the clamp so to speak is welded to the stock can, and when you remove it the whole can will come off ..the aftermarket exhausts use the clamp the fit right into the same hole/brace on the frame as the stock exhaust did, its just that the clamp is not welded to the can like on the stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X