No announcement yet.
X

190 in the rear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a warry? Scraping pegs is easy. It's doing it right so you don't have to scrape a peg that's hard.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

My left peg is showing some "asphalt bevelling" with a 150. There's a real nice curve on my way home from work.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepocaster View Post
        My left peg is showing some "asphalt bevelling" with a 150. There's a real nice curve on my way home from work.
        Sounds like you need to improve your suspension.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
          Sounds like you need to improve your suspension.

Defiantely...

It's not the tires you need to worry about at this point, but the crappy suspension that keeps compacting and dropping so low through those curves causing you to drag pegs.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah. I've done the front, but the rear is sloppy as an old sow.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              I have a Kreylyn widened swingarm with a 5.5" rim and a 190 rear tire STILL doesn't fit. If I had a 6" rim, then sure.

I have a Krey widened swing arm and a 6" rim and custom Jim offset sprockets and I wouldn't feel completely comfortable with a 190. I like a little space between the tire and chain.
              -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                160/60 zr-17 for 1998 and newer bikes.
                +1 on the 160/60 i bought a michelin pp 2ct 160 rear for my 06 kat a year and a half ago. best feeling ever. thats the BIGGEST you would want to go tho. any bigger and cornerning becomes non existant. the bike will handle like poo
                Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                Current Bikes:
                1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Ok so a 160/60 is the way to go but what is the best brand i road battle axes and took them off after the first road trip any opinions on what tires are the best?

Comment

Originally posted by Drudger View Post
                    Ok so a 160/60 is the way to go but what is the best brand i road battle axes and took them off after the first road trip any opinions on what tires are the best?

I'm putting a set of Pilot Road 3s on my bike now.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Battle axes are about the worst tire known to man.
                      -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                        Battle axes are about the worst tire known to man.
                        Why, because they're made of wood and steel?
                        Or Battlax, and which one? They come in many flavors.
                        BT023 is getting generally decent reviews.
                        BT003RS does pretty well on my 'tard, if I actually pay attention to getting them up to temp BEFORE I start ripping.
                        BT021, well I MIGHT use them to keep my wheels off the ground, beyond that, probably not.
                        Pics
                        Pics
                        No pics yet
                        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I've run BT021, and BT016. I hated both. Never again. They ride like they are made of wood and steel.
                          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking of getting continental sport/turing for the price they look ti me to be a good deal but is that so?

Comment

I just had Q2's on and they were fantastic but only last me about a whopping 3000 miles. I just ordered some Shinko 011 Verge tires for $180 to the door. It should be interesting after the Q2's being on there.

Normally I would not have done this but I'm doing a 2k road trip next week and didnt want to burn up a set of new Q2's, and didnt want to pay for a pr3 set this time around.

I have no clue what to expect from the Shinko's. People that have not used them say they are crap, people that have, made positive reviews. Like I said Q2 to this will be telling. Shinko bought Yokohama motorcycle tire technology and molds to start and they moved the equiptment off to SK which is why they are inexpensive.
                              My YouTube Videos
                              My motorcyle map!

Comment

Originally posted by Drudger View Post
                                I was thinking of getting continental sport/turing for the price they look ti me to be a good deal but is that so?
                                Details man, details.
                                ContiMotions, wouldn't waste my time. Blew through the rear in less than 2000 miles, and the front was defective out of the box.
                                Conti RoadAttacks, flat spotted in short order, didn't last nearly as long as a sport touring tire should.

Michelin Pilot Road 3 is the best tire I've found, and about the cheapest when you factor in $/mile, especially if you paying someone to mount them!

Originally posted by Omnivore View Post
                                I have no clue what to expect from the Shinko's. People that have not used them say they are crap, people that have, made positive reviews. Like I said Q2 to this will be telling. Shinko bought Yokohama motorcycle tire technology and molds to start and they moved the equiptment off to SK which is why they are inexpensive.
                                So you didn't read the Verge thread in this very forum?

FTR, the new Shinkos (Verge/Apex) are not based on the old Yoko molds.
                                Last edited by thetable; 07-17-2012, 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                                Pics
                                Pics
                                No pics yet
                                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                                X