X

just finished with the basics!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just finished with the basics!!

Just finished with the basic mods to my bike!! 2000 Kat 600 Clear corners, clear taillight, scorpion exhaust, debating on whether or not to do the mesh mod. new paint job on the front fairings.

next project is getting rid of that freakin shovel in the back.

what do you guys think? any suggestions?

Very nice. The Kat looks awesome.

Comment

I am missing the little light above the headlights. anyone know where I can get one cheap or even what they are called?

Comment

What happened to your front fender (tire cover).

As for the little light, maybe www.RonAyers.com
        My sig is boring.

Comment

I left it off on purpose. Debating on whether or not I like it with or without. I actually bought it and it was already off and the guy didn't have the screws to bolt it back on. Bought the screws but I just haven't decided......... plus I've heard it's a pain to put back on

Comment

Looks very nice, is that a tinted windshield or did you paint it?
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

98-99-00 are BIOTCHES to put the front fender cover back on.

If you get it on the center stand, take the front calipers off, then the front axle and tire......you can slide the fender in place ad bolt it on.

Then replace the wheel (directional), and bolt everything in. Then bolt down the calipers, and VIOLA.

(that about sums it up) You will need a 10mm for the screw pinching the front axle, and a 12 mm for the caliper bolts if memory serves me right.
              My sig is boring.

Comment

Personally, I think that looks better with that little light missing. It looks like an air intake or something. But the light always looked .. it looks cool like that.
                TiM

Comment

never seen a KAT without the fender..Kinda like it..bike looks nice
                  <---Whatever or Whoever u do RIDE it hard--->

Comment

at first I was like, what is odd looking about that front end, and I looked again and noticed the no fender thing u have going.. Its unique, and gives it something different that most kats dont have. Interesting !!

Comment

IMHO, you want at least the back-half of the front fender on there... why? Because otherwise you're going to be throwing stuff from the road-surface onto the oil cooler, which is the same as asking for trouble... the smaller crud will block up the cooler; the bigger stuff might puncture it.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Looking great Bro!!

The fender is real important in many ways, especially if you ride in any kind of weather.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

thanks for the replies, I have considered the objects flying up into my oil cooler thing and am trying to figure a way around that somehow. If all else fails I will have to resort to putting it back on....

Katman, I painted my windshield with Krylon Fusion Satin plastic paint. A can cost about 3 dollars which beats paying for a $50 windshield and I like it a lot better. Painted both sides because I didn't want a glossy look. Can says it is supposed to be chip resistant after 7 days.

thanks again for all the replies

Comment

Working...
                          X