No announcement yet.
X

I was almost added to the list!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know exactly where you're talking about man, I travel that road and intersection all the time. Its a wonder there arent more accidents there with all the merging traffic.
    Glad you're ok buddy !

Comment

glad your ok

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

I'm glad you are OK.

Since you saw the driver was distracted, you should have been on the horn all the way through the intersection (don't wait until they start moving -- warn them before you get there in cases like that). And get the loudest horn you can afford. I know a couple toots before I cross often causes people otherwise distracted to look up -- not always, but it damn well improves my odds when I see an idiot about to prove he's an idiot...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I am a new rider and I now realize that motorcyclists need to make sure they look out for themselves because for the most part no one else on the road does.

Comment

onthedot said "But I was thinking, if I can read the license plate numbers on the trucks that cut me off and do dumb stuff, I'm going to start sending the video clips in to the cops on a cheap CD. I wonder if they would cite them?"

I dont know the law in Oregon, but here in florida unfortuanately "cause its a good idea" if cops dont witness it than it really didnt happen. I know that sounds bad, but thats how the law works.

Macgyver-glad to hear you made it out ok. That is the only thing that scares me. I know I am gonna do everything I can to ride safe, but that one butthead is gonna ruin it. I have to much invested in my home life to let a cellphone talking yuppie take me out.
            stay safe people
            viper
            "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

Man those videos are brutal!

Comment

Originally posted by Viper817
                onthedot said "But I was thinking, if I can read the license plate numbers on the trucks that cut me off and do dumb stuff, I'm going to start sending the video clips in to the cops on a cheap CD. I wonder if they would cite them?"

I dont know the law in Oregon, but here in florida unfortuanately "cause its a good idea" if cops dont witness it than it really didnt happen. I know that sounds bad, but thats how the law works.
                On the other hand, you can report the drivers for driving under the influence, and that means that they have to provide a statement from a medical professional stating they aren't addicted to alcohol/drugs/etc, or they will get an automatic license revokation (for life or until they can provide such a statement). Sending the footage with the form (available on the DMV website for the state) should be sufficient to get the ball rolling, and you don't have any further part in their nightmares -- you have the right to remain anonymous in the process.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X