No announcement yet.
X

How many keys do you have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I bought the bike last year I was given two keys for it. I spent most of the season riding with the two of them on one ring before thinking perhaps I should separate them. Now I keep one on my car key-ring.
    My Karma ran over my Dogma.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
      only the two origionals. one on my bike keychain. and another on my "janitors" set of keys.

used to carry my spare in my wallet, but I had a costanza wallet to begin with. the extra key and hard candy i had in there wasn't helping the matter. now my wallet's down to 26.72mm thick (I just mic'd it )
      Geek!

Did you use a mic or a caliper?

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
        Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
        only the two origionals. one on my bike keychain. and another on my "janitors" set of keys.

used to carry my spare in my wallet, but I had a costanza wallet to begin with. the extra key and hard candy i had in there wasn't helping the matter. now my wallet's down to 26.72mm thick (I just mic'd it )
        Geek!

Did you use a mic or a caliper?
        1-2" mic

Calipers woulda been better. But they were outta my reach at the time, and I didn't want to swivel my chair around to get them. Mic was right beside my mouspad

Comment

I only got 1 key when I bought it from a guy. I'm terrible when it comes to losing things, and the first thing I did(i didn't know any better) was went to Wal-Mart.. They took my key, asked what it was for, I said a Suzuki, they asked "motrocycle?" I said Yup, and they looked it up and made it.

Took it home.. Doesn't even flippin' FIT!

So, I still have 1 key, and I worry everyday I'm gonna lose it.. I've seen the blanks on eBay...

Is it the blanks that make them not work, or the way they cut them? If I take one of those blanks to Wal-Mart, will it work then?

I know I know, just take it to a damn locksmith and be done with it.

Comment

I lost my original key, but I had a spare. That really worried me, cause I didnt want to be in a situation where I lost all my keys. So I have 3 keys now. One I keep with my friend, and the other two with me. Every time I lose my key, the first place I will look is the seat lock, cause I have left it there a number of times and looked for it all over the place before realizing what a fool I was to not remember that I had left it in the seat lock. I tried to duplicate my key at Walmart and Home depot, neither of them worked, apparently, they dont have the thickness required for Suzuki keys. So I went to a Lcoksmith and got it done.

Skotty
            2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

I learned the hard way! I had ONE key! It broke off in my ignition when I was out doing errands! I ended up pushing the bike home, where a 'good old boy' who had been working on harleys 'for years' decided to help me. He used a tire iron and a spoon to wreck my igntion. I was hot! Ask any of the guys who are on the shoutbox if they remember my reaction!
              I got a replacement ignition, and a key cut off my old stump.
              -What to do if your key breaks off in your igntion:
              1.)DO NOT DESTROY THE LOCK!

2.)Take the top triple clamp off, DO NOT TOUCH THE IGNITION, or the snap off bolts.

3.)Holding the triple/lock assembly, tap it against your table, work bench, mother in law, or whatever. The stump will back out with repeated blows.

4.)Take the stump to any locksmith (HOME DEPOT DOES NOT HAVE SUZUKI KEYS THAT FIT!!!) and have a key cut.

5.) Your underseat, gas tank, and your ignition are all the same! Now, where to find good rubber-headed Suzuki blanks...
              Later
              Kelly
              Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
                any locksmith should have the type of key you need cut.
                Yep. I just got mine cut at the local Home Depot.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly
                  5.) Your underseat, gas tank, and your ignition are all the same! Now, where to find good rubber-headed Suzuki blanks...
                  RonAyers.com or your local dealer. I've never seen anyone outside the Suzuki supply system carry the originals with the original black plastic heads.
                  Supposedly there is even a way to get laser-cut originals from Japan in about 6 to 8 weeks through your dealer (using the original VIN), but I've only seen one dealership on the planet that had a clue about how to get them, and that member of the staff moved on...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-O
                    3 for the Kat... 1 I use all the time it clips to my helmet when im off the bike. #2 is in my wallet. #3 is at home.
                    why do yo clip it to your helmet?

Comment

i would think that he clips it to his helmet when off the bike becuase, he always needs the helmet to ride and in turn always need a key to ride as well. and keeping track of a helmet is alot easier than keeping track of one key.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

what do you do when you run to the store? carry around the helmet?

Comment

i have one... been meaning to get a copy made. g/f juck locked her one car key in her car a couple weeks ago... cost me $84 to have a locksmith get the damn car open... talk about PI$$ED OFF
                          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

What to do when your key breaks off in the ignition!

I had one key for the bike until it broke off in the ignition. I found out the hard way how to fix that problem.
                            I ended up pushing the thing home (a few miles, but...), and on the way home, a 'good old boy' who had been working on Harleys 'for years' took it upon himself to help me out. I didn't want to damage the lock, I was almost home, where I would figure it out myself. He took it upon himself to 'help me' with a tire iron and a blunt screwdriver. Needless to say, my ignition was WASTED!

I found out if you are in this predicament, what to do if your key breaks off.

1.)DO NOT DESTROY THE LOCK! Don't even think so much as to TOUCH IT!

2.) Take the top triple clamp off, leaving the ignition on the clamp. Repeat after me, kids: DO NOT TOUCH THE IGNITION LOCK!

3.) Now, take the clamp, and rap it against a hard surface: Work bench, floor, Mother-in-law, whatever you can use. The stump will back right out!

4.)Take the stump anywhere except Home Depot (They don't have the right key...I know...I used to work there...)! The key will get cut. While your at it, make like fifty more copies and put them anywhere you can get them, wallet, keychain, freezer.

See look at that! Your ignition isn't broken, and your keys all match!
                            I wish I knew that, now I have different keys for my underseat, tank and ignition...Now to find those rubberhead keys....
                            later
                            Kelly
                            Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

2 original keys from Suzuki.

One that I ride with, the other hanging on the key rack in my bedroom.
                              -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

I have the original 2. I use one that is always in either of my riding leather jackets. The other key is stored away in my motorcycle file.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Working...
                                X