X

Bang 4 the buck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cereal_killer View Post
    You know, if you talk to the parts guys at the dealerships, a lot of them will work with you on the price to get your business. I'm the parts manager at my local dealership and I do it all the time. Keep the business local guys!! The online retailers are killing us all.
    I would love nothing more than to keep my business local. I hate waiting on shipping and would even be willing to pay maybe 2 or 3 dollars more for something just to be able to have it "right now". Unfortunately, the dealerships around here think that having something in stock means its made of gold or something, thereby forcing me to buy online to get that jetkit that they want $150 for , for $120. I wish my local "stealership" knew how to negotiate the way you do.
    sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
    RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
    I Miss You Pop
    2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Really, I thought a low to mid 12 is best one can do on 600. An 11.34 sounds like a 750 time.

Comment

I believe the best time(other than this one) that I've seen on the internet for a stock katana 600 was around an 11.90....
        RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
        I Miss You Pop
        2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by Liltroy View Post
          I believe the best time(other than this one) that I've seen on the internet for a stock katana 600 was around an 11.90....
          And I sure thats under a Perfect Conditions or Computer generated. A guy riding that weigh 130lbs or less. You would have to be on point all the way.
          sigpic
          Update Jul 11 2014
          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Digital cameras work better than scanners. Just get the flash and angle right to not glare the paper. I do it all the time!
            sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

Timeslip would really help us give suggestions. Also, give us an idea how it goes. Are you launching as hard as you can, is the tire slipping if you launch a little harder. What is the suspension doing on launch. A lot can be done to pay dividends at 60 foot, which will help at the end of the track. Give us an idea of what is going on.

I love drag racing. Had a 98 Nissan 240 SX, with an LSD and exhuast running 14.7. Slow for a drag car, but really fast for a stock-ish 240sx. It was all off the line for me as I had no horsepower to speak of.
              '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
              ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
                And I sure thats under a Perfect Conditions or Computer generated. A guy riding that weigh 130lbs or less. You would have to be on point all the way.
                Exactley..I'm not really feeling this whole"stock 600katana running a low 11" thing. Not trying to start crap or anything, but thats a pretty outrageous claim and I have a hard time believing it without proof.
                RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                I Miss You Pop
                2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Comment

this is where i am now i have 2 bros slip on, custom headers, jet kit and a little shot of nos... going to get new cams next week and if you look at my 60 food time i launch about as hard as possible with this bike....... sorry it took so long to get a slip up i moved and just unpacked the computer a few days ago.

Comment

What kind of nitrous setup are you using? Any pics?
                    RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                    I Miss You Pop
                    2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Comment

Didn't see anything about gearing in the modifications list. looks like you're trapping in the middle of 5th gear. Dropping 1 tooth up front should put it into 6th gear, then adding a holeshot electronic shift interupter would let you do full throttle clutchless upshifts which would help cut more of your et. Also might want to think about removing the rear shock and installing a solid strut (track only) which would let you launch even harder than you are now, without having it try to loop out on you as easy.
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

i dnt really nkow to much bout the newer bikes i wish i could help u out more but wut gear r u in when u go through the trap

Comment

If his gearing is stock, 121mph should be 4th gear really tached out, or pulling hard in 5th gear but not redlined yet.
                          John,
                          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                          sigpic

Comment

I just wanna see this nitrous setup.
                            RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                            I Miss You Pop
                            2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Comment

i droped the bike off at the shop to have cams put in ill get pics of it up when its done

Comment

Okay, So here is the question that begs to be answered.....

Why dump a lot of money in to a bike just to get a little more out of it? Why not just sell your Katana and buy a Gizzer 600?

Comment

Working...
                                X