No announcement yet.
X

Blown motor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay or check the for sale classifieds here, you'll find one. check your local bike salvage yards too if you have any nearby. 600/750 engines are direct fit, b12 engine will fit with mods.

Originally posted by acidice333 View Post
    damnit. So after the sun came up today I went to look at it..

Should I try to look for a replacement engine? I'm on a Island in Canada so its harder I would imagine to find a replacement ):

I believe the scientific term here is "grenaded".
    Last edited by Trackerrrr; 07-02-2009, 02:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
      I believe the scientific term here is "grenaded".
      OUCH!!!!!!!!

Took the word right outta my mouth! they need to put that pic right next to the MC dictionary deffinition!!
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

+1

Time to get a B12
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Definately grenaded. That really sucks. There is no information on your profile about what bike you have. Year and size would help members to locate a new engine for you. If the bike is a 750 you more than likely don't want a 600 to replace it unless you really just want to be riding.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
            JB Weld will fix that right up.
            now that's a good one. you got three more pistons

sound and looks like there was a problem with the crank. he definlty broke the crank with the rod still bolted together
            check out the add on ebay 150 for the motor.
            Item number: 250428948507
            Last edited by smartone1971; 07-02-2009, 04:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

I've got a 98 katana 600...

I've looked at eBay and its a potential.. the one link posted above I checked out, would be $1000? to buy and ship that sucker to Canada.

I'll have to look at the FS forums in the morning unless you guys want to help me out.

I'm thinking of just spending a few grand on another bike and keep this one as a parts bike or part it out or something?

Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
              Definately grenaded. That really sucks. There is no information on your profile about what bike you have. Year and size would help members to locate a new engine for you. If the bike is a 750 you more than likely don't want a 600 to replace it unless you really just want to be riding.

Comment

take the rod out that busted, then seal up thoses crancases with j -b . It'll run just as good on 3 cylinders as 4

Comment

I know a guy with a running 600 in orillia high km but you could probably get it for a steal bike is half stripped and he has no money to finish it, would at least get you runnin untill you find a decent replacement you on an island on the bay ?

Comment

(A) Which island? How long is the ferry ride? Is there a deep-port there (and are we talking island in the Atlantic, or somewhere else like great lakes or prince william)? Might be worth it to drive to go get one instead of paying to have one shipped, depending on how close they are.

(B) Shoot me an email and I'll put you in touch with a couple people -- one who can probably supply the engine, another to supply the shipping cheaply.

(C) Sounds like the guy who sold it to you knew something was amiss... unless of course, you got in there, tinkered/changed oil and didn't close it back up right or top it off correctly (but I would have imagined that if you failed to close the oil pan up correctly, you'd have felt oil on your tire).

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I actually live in Victoria (Vancouver Island) in BC, Canada. The ferry ride is only an hour and a half but its still a small bit of a hassle.

deep-port?

It could have been my fault *shrug* I did reseal the oil pan with RTV and it sealed great-- no leaks. I did look at the oil window the day before and it was a tad bit darker than when I put it in.

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                      (A) Which island? How long is the ferry ride? Is there a deep-port there (and are we talking island in the Atlantic, or somewhere else like great lakes or prince william)? Might be worth it to drive to go get one instead of paying to have one shipped, depending on how close they are.

(B) Shoot me an email and I'll put you in touch with a couple people -- one who can probably supply the engine, another to supply the shipping cheaply.

(C) Sounds like the guy who sold it to you knew something was amiss... unless of course, you got in there, tinkered/changed oil and didn't close it back up right or top it off correctly (but I would have imagined that if you failed to close the oil pan up correctly, you'd have felt oil on your tire).

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by waffenampt View Post
                        take the rod out that busted, then seal up thoses crancases with j -b . It'll run just as good on 3 cylinders as 4
                        That's what I'm sayin', plus he'll get better gas mileage. And, he'll have a spare plug holder now.
                        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I actually live in Victoria (Vancouver Island) in BC, Canada. The ferry ride is only an hour and a half but its still a small bit of a hassle.
                          Well, as long as you're not out in Port Hardy, you're doing great. I thought you were saying you were somewhere like an island off Nunavut...

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I found a motor locally at a salvage yard for a Bandit 600... he couldn't give me any more info today on the phone aside from telling me the prefix n712. Would that work?
                            Last edited by acidice333; 07-02-2009, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I have the bottom end out of a 95 600... just pay for shipping... i can get pictures later but when i pulled it apart the 2nd gear was toast... you would have to pull all your parts out to use it

Comment

I found a motor locally at a salvage yard for a Bandit 600... he couldn't give me any more info today on the phone aside from telling me the prefix n712. Would that work?
                                Yes.

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
                                mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Originally posted by RaiderRC View Post
                                I have the bottom end out of a 95 600
                                I know that the cylinder head shape changed from the Pre to the Post so mating the bottom end should not work.
                                How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                                How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                                How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                                How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
                                X