X

cool cops

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool cops

so i was going down insterstate 170 doing about 90 and got off at an exit and turns out this cop was following me. he pulls me over right down the street from my house which isn't in this cop's district. So another cop pulls up from the district in which i live in and talks to the cop that pulled me over. 2 seconds later the cop that cop leaves and the cop that pulled me over is like I'm not going give you a ticket this time, but slow down. HOLY CRAP. Must have been wearing my lucky helmut
    Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

the one thing I dislike about the kat is the mirrors. I can't see directly behind me. but I would imagine the kat is not the only bike with that problem. congrats on your good fortune.

Comment

Been there done that

congrats on your luck.
      Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob
        the one thing I dislike about the kat is the mirrors. I can't see directly behind me.
        Either you must be a "big ol' boy" , or you ain't got them adjusted right .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

the one thing I dislike about the kat is the mirrors. I can't see directly behind me.
          I'll 2nd that, but it's true almost all bike mirrors are this way.
          Hey, hold my beer and watch this!

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            Either you must be a "big ol' boy" , or you ain't got them adjusted right .
            Ok now I'm a fat bastard compared to Matt and I can see fine behind me. Mind you I do need to shift my elbow in a bit when I glace at the mirror to see directly behind me.
            Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
              Been there done that

congrats on your luck.
              and trust me, you dont get that lucky too often..

Comment

I'm a new rider and I always thought cops give a lot more leeway to bikes than cars. I know all about how its a lot harder for radar to get a signal on a bike especially if other cars are around and all that, but I in NYC I've seen some bikes do some crazy things in front of cops and they dont bother. That might be a city thing tho (I've seen plenty of city cops let a lot of cars get by because they have no ticket quotas like Troopers and Highway Patrol).

Luckily, I havent been speeding the few times I've seen the law while riding.

Whats everyone think here? Are cops letting bikes get away with more? Or the opposite?

Comment

Out here in oklahoma they don't have a lot of cops patroling the highways really...and most are just caprices or w/e with intercepter motors...like 327's or some shit. Pretty quick but compared to a bike it's nothing. My boss at work says he'll pull up next to them on the high way on his rc51 and just dump it and take off on 1 wheel.....says they very rarely try to chace him...haha

Comment

In AZ they are all over motorcyclists!!! No slack whatsoever.

I have lived in OK and GA before moving here. Arizona is the only place I have ever received a ticket for travelling 90 mph on the interstate.

The highway patrol (called Dept of Public Safety) officer told me they were specifically instructed to stop motorcycles whenever possible.
                    Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

happened to me one time but it was aroung 1 or 2 in the morning on a toll road. cop was cool about it

Comment

It happened to me a couple of times where I got pulled over and once they verified I had a license, issurance and a fairly clean record they let me go with a warning...
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by brett
                          . My boss at work says he'll pull up next to them on the high way on his rc51 and just dump it and take off on 1 wheel.....says they very rarely try to chace him...haha
                          so your boss is one of the (many) morons that cause the police to harass law abiding riders? they don't chase *him* because they know its only a matter of time before they respond to a "scrape the squid off the pavement" call...
                          Just ride.....

Comment

Haven't gotten that ticket and hope that I never will
                            ALWAYS THE REAL!!!!

93ZX11D Candy Wine Red
                            Cardon Fiber D&D Full Exhaust,
                            Vortex Sprockets 1dwn frnt 2up back
                            She looks like Hell but is a True Battle Cat!
                            no pun intended
                            07ZX10 Special Edition Stock
                            09ZX14 in the making Need a lil more$$$1st
                            99Kat600 Custom Paint By Kali's AirBrushing, Chrome rims, Chrome GrabBar,Chrome Kickstand, Chrome Heel Gaurds, Braada Cowl,Lowered,Mesh Mod, More mods & Chrome to come

Comment

I have more than my fair share of tickets (call it freedom taxes), averaging one every 18 months or so... Not a big deal -- I just pay them and go on being me.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X