X

Security Devices

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bakkendance
    Great Idea, now I know my bike will be safe. Everyone should get one of these.
    lmao
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakkendance
      There are a whole bunch of those two way alarms on ebay.

I was thinking of getting something lke that along with one of those corded disk locks CP mentioned.
      I took alook at those, pretty sweet! Does anyone know whether or not they'd work on a 92 Katana? I'm sure it would, but I know NOTHING about bike alarms.
      Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Away from home I use a disc lock. The Kat also has an alarm that gets armed as well. At home, each bike has a Kryptonite cable and they all get intertwined with each other, so all bikes are locked together.
        Ron
        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I almost caught the little bastard!!! I was woken up at 3:30 this morning, someone saw them trying to jack my bike again (after putting a $30 disk lock on it). By the time I went down there he was gone, but I chased him out of the complex over a fence. Perhaps the chode will think twice about screwing with my bike!!!! *angst* I HATE thiefs!! When I called the cops, they went looking for him. The cop actually said "We were hoping you'd catch him ... were even willing to take our time getting here if we thought you'd had him" LOL!!

Comment

I got a simple Gorilla alarm. Easy to hook up and loud as hell. Should provide a nice loud obsticle to overcome.

I installed it mainly to wake me up if someone were to mess with the bike. God know's it is not going to stop a determined thief, but it might stop the stupid punk down the street, ya know?
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

If he's targetted your bike twice in a row, there has to be a reason -- something like he already owns a kat and needs parts or someone he knows does. I would hate to be in your shoes -- on edge, with reasonable suspicion that he'll be back yet again.

If you own: ask your homeowner's insurance agent if vehicles on the property are covered.
              If you rent: see if you can find a rental insurance policy that covers vehicles on the property (my Allstate renter's insurance did at one point).

Good luck with that!
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I keep mine in my locked shed, which is in my backyard. Out of sight. Key is in the house.

I don't go anywhere overnight with the bike, or leave it out in the open unattended for too long. If I stop somewhere for a bite to eat I always make sure I sit in a window seat so I can watch it while I am eating.

If someone stole my bike, well, I suppose that would suck, but I would end up getting another bike.
                "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

i keep mine in my living room of my apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Kat
                    I so wanted to do that, but the GF wouldn't hear of it :P I suppose 2 Kats in the living room might get a bit cramped. Do you know (or care) if it violates some clause in your apt contract?
                    "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Originally posted by Black Kat
                      Yeah ... I'd love to do that but I live on the 3rd floor.

Comment

I invested in a Scorpio Alarm. Got a GREAT Deal thourgh SPeedWerks. Like, they seriously gave me a awsome freaking price.

Laura, if you read this...

YOU GUYS ROCK!

I sitll may invest one of those signs for my bike..... Steal Mojoes bike
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_K
                          =I so wanted to do that, but the GF wouldn't hear of it :P I suppose 2 Kats in the living room might get a bit cramped. Do you know (or care) if it violates some clause in your apt contract?
                          Most leases that I have had clearly state that you are not allowed to stored motorized vehicles inside of the apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                            Originally posted by Teh_K
                            =I so wanted to do that, but the GF wouldn't hear of it :P I suppose 2 Kats in the living room might get a bit cramped. Do you know (or care) if it violates some clause in your apt contract?
                            Most leases that I have had clearly state that you are not allowed to stored motorized vehicles inside of the apartment.

i dont care.

Comment

Originally posted by Firewa11
                              Heh. I also read something about you're not supposed to exceed the speed limit
                              WHAT!!!?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Firewa11
                                Heh. I also read something about you're not supposed to exceed the speed limit
                                Yeah, and I think I read something about off-road use only on both the jet kit and those new lights

/kiba
                                find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Working...
                                X