Kat battery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anytime

Comment

[quote=(D) It needs to have the terminals in the same locations as the current battery -- including which side is positive vs. which side is negative, since the cables are too short to reverse that set-up. [/quote]

On the pre-98's its just....juuuuuuuuuuuust possible to re-do the cables.

Get one with the terms on the right sides. unless you just enjoy fiddling with wires.

Comment

looks possible to swap to 10L-A2 battery!

from my research:

Yuasa site etc... YB10L-A2 and YB10L-B2 batteries are absolutely identical in every way. Both 12Volts, 11 Amp Hr, identical dimensions / weight and pos / neg terminal post locations.

ONLY ONE difference is this: (!)
        drain tube on opposite side of battery. That should be no trouble whatsoever, just move tube to other side... I've owned an '88 Kat 600 since '91 and bought a lot of batteries, but always forced to buy stock replacement which makes it much harder to find anywhere locally, and almost 50% more cost or double the price!

My local WalMart in Tracy CA stocks (3) of them for $36.96 and it includes separate acid too.

Will try this swap tonight and try to let you know if it works.
        (bike has some other problems too, so not sure I'll get it running very soon.)

Comment

Um, this thread is 6 years old. Pretty sure the OP doesn't need help anymore.

Comment

Yeah about that... it's more for people searching for battery replacements. new searchers etc...

Comment

Working...
            X