X

Wow !! Can you believe this guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow !! Can you believe this guy

Just read this on another forum I belong to and could not believe the broad brush this guy is painting with. I sent him a reply not flaming but just saying that I would love to live in his town where cars don't speed, tailgate, run red lights, daily road rage scenes you get the jest of it.

Here is the editors e-mail address;
    '[email protected]'

There are ignorant people everywhere! They refuse to gather all of the data before spewing out stupidity!!

I doubt this blanket statement referes to many, if any, on this site!
    Not as lean, not as mean but still a Marine!

Comment

To be fair he does have a point about the wheelies on the highway and such. I've seen guys do it around here once and a while.

As for the lane splitting, sounds like jealousy since he's stuck while the biker is still moving, that said the idea of doing 40mph between cars scares me.

I look at it this way, the only time the average brain dead cager see's us is when we stand out. And when do we stand out?
      1) when we're speeding (well over the limit)
      2) when on one wheel
      3) when we have a Hottie on the back in a thong

Show of hand...... who's been lucky enough to have a cager do a shoulder check before doing a lane change and see them "jump" when they see you riding next to them? I have, the guy litterally jumped a few inches in his seat, good thing he wasn't sipping a Coffee of he would have spilt it .

The only time I follow the speed limit is when I'm in residential or school areas. On the Highway when I pass, I don't dawdle it's WOT to get by and through thier blind spot ASAP. On a semi crowded highway it's 10+ the flow until I can get some space away from the pack of cars.

I look at it as being safe, to the cars I pass no doubt I look like a Hooligan biker. It all comes down to the individuals perception.
      Kyle

Comment

...from the pages of..
        The lake Cities Sun
        Lake Dallas,Tex.

Douglas Simpson
        Managing Editor

"I remember a few years back, I think after Gary Busey had his bad motorcycle wreck, there was a public service announcement asking motorists to “keep an eye open for motorcyclists,” ...

... in my eyes, they are fair game"
        ________________________________________________ .

Can you you say, Premeditated.
        Redneck!
        "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

What a tool. He does make a point with the recklessness and stunting on public roads but being so tightly wound on the subject that he thinks about opening his door when someone is spliting lanes. How do people get these columns when they think that other people give a sheeite about their road rage tendencies.

Comment

The best way to ride is to ride as if nobody can see you, so make sure you make yourself as visible as you can at all times.

We can't control the way cagers dont pay attention on the road, how much they yap on the cell phone, read the paper and yell at the kids in the back of their oversized SUV. We can't control what the press writes about us because no matter how many responsible riders there are out on the roads people will think what they want, stereotype us the way they want..and even if someone does have a change of heart at some point and actually gives a damn about us, all it takes is one tard riding a wheelie in the middle of traffic and cutting off a car or truck to make revert right back to their tool'd way of thinking.

So either ride like everyone is out to get you or ride like you're invisible. Either way its the same concept. Do you part to make yourself visible to others and ride safe and let the rest take care of itself.

Comment

What I call the Angry Middle-aged Pudgy Upset White Guy Syndrome. (no, it does't abbreviate well... AMAPUWGS... maybe I should work on it)

He's a little man stuck in a little job with little happiness in his life and makes a living by spreading the word of his misery in public. A sad statement really...

Unfortunately the world is filled with these guys in their cars stuck in afternoon traffic, burning fuel like it's going out of style to power their air conditioners as they inch forward, fuming and breathing excess carbon monoxide from other people's tail pipes who are doing the exact same thing. For F**k's sake, he's a writer -- let him telecommute and save the rest of us from one more AMAPUWGS willing to kill us as they go postal, lashing out against those they see as not trapped in the same reality.

=-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

+1
                Darren Drennan
                Alexander, Arkansas
                06 Katana 750

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Katana_Riders/

Comment

It seems this (for lack of a better term) "person" typlifies the angst many people feel about motorcycle riders. I remember once I was pulled over by a cop, when a middle-aged man pulled up to speak with the officer. Actually, more like blather on incoherently like a crazed idiot. Looking back, it really seemed surreal.

Well, according to this stranger, I shouldn't be on the road, I was a hazard to other drivers on the road, I kill babies, blah, blah blah...It was unbelievable and I was incredulous to say the least. Who the heck was this guy and why was he so pissed? The cop eventually told him to mind his own business and to shove off (in a polite manner).

For the record my horrific crime was...an improper lane change. Maybe he saw this and became indignant. Maybe he was fed up with other motorcyclists and saw a change to express his frustration. All I know is that this isn't the worst thing one can do on the road. I can't count the number of times I had cars and trucks cut me off. I'm no saint but that was first ticket I received in a long time. The funny thing about this situation that this incident didn't involve the guy at any level. Event the cop was mystified and stymied as to what was this guy's issue was.

However, since I was riding a motorcycle it was this guy's duty to ensure that I receive my due. Ironically, the cop didn't even give me a hard time and said the only reason he pulled my over was that the van I passed almost clipped me and I could have been hurt. His manner was one of respect and concern, unlike the motorist I apparently offended.

The bottom line is that there are a number of people that seem to habour an unreasonable dislike of motorcyclists. Perhaps the root element of this attitude is attributed to personal failures or a sense of missing out on life experiences. Regardless, it's people like this writer or my crazed motorist that are the real hazard because you know in the back of their tiny, jealous minds, they're hoping (and even plotting) to ruin your day.

That's just pathetic in my view.
                  "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Indignant e-mail sent .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i read a little bit and couldnt bother any more. when he talks about being mad seeing a motorcycle driving between cars i gave up.

poor people in cars are jealous they have to wait in line when a bike can lane split... its like being in grade school all over again. i remember kids being sad when the teacher would do stuff alphabetical and how unfair it was for them when they always went last.
                      03 katanika

Comment

But see , that paper's in Tx , NOT Ca. So what those bikes are doing IS illegal . Bikes are supposed to act like cars as far as laws are concerned , meaning stying in their own lanes and so forth . Still , dude's a tool .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

[quote="BobKat2002"]...from the pages of..
                          The lake Cities Sun
                          Lake Dallas,Tex.

Douglas Simpson
                          Managing Editor

"I remember a few years back, I think after Gary Busey had his bad motorcycle wreck, there was a public service announcement asking motorists to “keep an eye open for motorcyclists,” ...

... in my eyes, they are fair game"

Ya know,I was just wandering... if this guy goes out and hits a motorcycle with his car could they use this article against him. You would think that by making this kind of thinking public it could be Pre-meditated. Intent, oppprtunity and capability. Hmmmmm.

Just a thought. I think lawyers would own this guy not to mention Bubba in the jail.

Comment

Working...
                          X