Second last round - Frankenkat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second last round - Frankenkat

Almost there!

Managed to get the pipe on, motor in, plastics mocked up, electrics all connected, and plumbing seems to be ready (unless I screwed something up!) I'm hoping to have it booted up next weekend!

Anyways, this thing is almost ready to roll! Couple quick clutch bits and a shift lever to sort out, then it'll be on the road. Personally, I think the high pipe looks pretty good on the Kat.....basically matches the exact angle of the tail!

Yes, that's my boot. I didn't have the seat with me yesterday.
    FrankenKat 1216
    GS Fiter 816
    GSXR750! (race)

If you're going to do it right, you need to powdercoat the midpipe, heelguards, etc. all black. Paint the fairing mesh black also. Looks really good!

Can you give specific information/pics on how the midpipe and can attach to the bike. I am curious if the Holeshot header and midpipe will work with my Scorpion can. Or maybe I can just get the Holeshot midpipe and hangers to work with my stock header and Scorpion can. Let me know!

Thanks.
    Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Comment

Originally posted by blackkat98
      If you're going to do it right, you need to powdercoat the midpipe, heelguards, etc. all black. Paint the fairing mesh black also. Looks really good!

Can you give specific information/pics on how the midpipe and can attach to the bike. I am curious if the Holeshot header and midpipe will work with my Scorpion can. Or maybe I can just get the Holeshot midpipe and hangers to work with my stock header and Scorpion can. Let me know!

Thanks.
      I was thinking about getting the black header and mid, but I didn't wan't too much black.....it's already a REALLY dark bike as it is, and I think the jet-hot silver coating gives it a nice little shine. I think I AM going to go ahead and black out the foot controls though. They don't look good at all...and I'd rather have everything either in black, blue chrome, or super shiny polish/chrome

To be quick, none of that stuff fits on the Kat. That exhaust is on there only because of the 1216 I just dropped in (It's for the Bandit12 - the header is a lot different in size, shape, and placement than the Kat) I just picked what I liked, and made it fit...Lotsa hours into this thing so far! I had to tweak the pipes quite a bit to get 'em on there. The hanger doesn't even come close, so plan on fabbing one yourself. None of the supplied bolts will work, and you will NOT be able to run passenger pegs any longer. The only reason I got that thing on there was because I work with some other very skilled welders and fabricators who managed to help me create some decent peices - just off the lame sketches and peices of bent coathangers that I brought into the shop!
      FrankenKat 1216
      GS Fiter 816
      GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Looking good Dood!

I personally like the sporadic pieces of silver.

I would leave everything just like it is.

Looks great though!!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

i think my tastes would go with the solid black
          great looking bike
          You're Welcome,
          - The Social Invalid

Comment

OMG! That looks so freakin sweeeet! must...not...tear....my...bike....apart....right ....now....ARRRGH!

Comment

sweet. that's the b12 transplant right? sleeper!!!!!

Long Live the D

Comment

Sleepers rule!!
                Nice job on the bike.
                Question.. What brand is the front stand ??
                Were did you get it ?
                Thanks..

Comment

Lookin great...I say keep the silver for contrast!

Comment

awesome! good job with the exhaust
                    Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

sweet bike I love it
                      "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

Thanks guys!

Tons of hours and way too much money into it...but hopefully the result will be something incredible!

Yeah, it's a B-12 in it right now. Since I can't start it without the clutch parts (which are on order), the next week will be a toss up as to whether the bike will ACTUALLY run with what's in there, and what is/isn't hooked up right. Could be interesting!

Meatball: front stand is a Vortex. Probably the best stand I've ever used, but it sure as hell ain't cheap! I got mine through kneedraggers.
                        FrankenKat 1216
                        GS Fiter 816
                        GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Can I get the details and specs on that exhaust. It looks sick and I would like to do that to mine. I have a yoshi pipe but the one you have looks shorter than mine.

Comment

Dood.....SWEET!

Comment

f'n awesome bloke. nice work!

cheers.joe.

Comment

Working...
                              X