Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Update 1982 Katana home! Let the restoration (hehe) begin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.jaevo.nl/sander/Ron_SOT_1.avi]filmpje 1
    1990 600 kat on going projectNow with zxr 750 frontend

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk130
      http://www.jaevo.nl/sander/Ron_SOT_1.avi]filmpje 1
      Try:
      http://www.jaevo.nl/sander/Ron_SOT_1.avi (AVI download)

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
        Originally posted by Waltari
        Originally posted by Mojoe
        Originally posted by Waltari
        Originally posted by katman05
        Those piggyback shocks look like the same one's my friend has on his Kawa ZRX 1200, if you ask Mojoe nicely I'm sure he'll let you use his Vance & Hines motor for your restoration.
        Thats because they are off a zrx1200 and for some reason Mojoe wants to keep his V&H motors for his project....go figure
        yup...sorry about that...lol.

I just got my shocks....same as yours.
        Yeah, I'm going to have to definitely swap to the zrx swingarm I had planned on using. The kat currently has a gsxr 5.5" rea rim with a 180/55/17 Great for drag runs but I can see why they put struts on it. Absolutely NO clearance for shocks or anything else.
        what??? are you saying I can't use the shocks on my stock swingarm and wheel?

and how does that zrx swingarm fit? any modifications to be done?
        They should mwork with your STOCK rim...remember, I said they had crammed a 5.5" rim with a 180 onto my stock arm leaving no wiggle room. I'll let you know how the zrx arm fits when I start to fit it

Comment

do you guys get a magazine called classic motorcycles mechanics over there?

that kat is in one of them they did it all up and put it on the track ill dig it out and post it for you if i can!
          i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Well...dug into it today. Stripped all the bodywork, wiring, and rear end. All I can say is, damn, I'm glad I have a harness for the bandit 1200 I had planned on using. The stock harness was about the ugliest, most cobbled together POS I have ever seen. Had bits an pieces of different vintage dyna parts and various race shift lights etc...none of which was in good shape. All going bye bye.

On a good note, the ZRX swingarm mates up with the gsxr 5.5" rear rim fairly well...just need a couple extra spacers and a bit of shaving on the pivot and it should be good to go.

Also, after lookign over the frame, I think I'm definitely going to redo much of the welding on the frame. The stock 80's welds looks terrible...it's either chicken shit or severe undercuts. It'll look great and be totally structurally sound when I'm through with it!

Comment

awesome...looking forward to its rebirth.

yeah...i'd like something a little more substantial then my 100 front and 130 rear!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                awesome...looking forward to its rebirth.

yeah...i'd like something a little more substantial then my 100 front and 130 rear!
                stay stock, dave. one just sold on ebay for over $5500 US.
                I have made the decision to go back to 100% original with mine, with only the exhaust that I am contemplating changing. Well, I have no choice really. That big fuckly honda fart can has to go.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

It doesnt look that bad dude cant wait to see the final...like it alot...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbike-r
                    do you guys get a magazine called classic motorcycles mechanics over there?

that kat is in one of them they did it all up and put it on the track ill dig it out and post it for you if i can!
                    It's available via subscription and you sometimes can find them on better stocked newsstands, but I find that unless that particular issue covers something you have, it's usually not worth it at the newsstand price they get for them in the USA... I've read a couple issues and decided not to get a subscription for that reason.

If you've got a Katana-specific issue, I'm sure a number of people would love to see the contents.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X