X

bent frame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bent frame

My tail is bent,,,whats the easiest way to staighten out?

hammer depends on where and how bad, also with body work its sometimes easier to just replace pieces which with a kat subframe means welding again depends on the damage might be easier if you actually said what and how bad
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Comment

Its not bad,,,the part that connects the tail to the frame,,,is bent,,,the square tube

Comment

hack it off and rebrace it with nicer lines....i wish my subframe was bent. I have been looking for a reason to hack that monstrosity of a subframe support off.
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

Yu mean cut it off and put a dif. Tail on lol

Comment

Pull it back to the other side after heating?
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

If it was my bike... and wanted to keep it OEM, just straighten the subframe up....

I would strip all the plastics and various parts off the sub-frame. Then using heavy duty wratchet straps I would secure the frame ( to like a sturdy table or purpose built , and use a combination of pry bars and hydrolic jacks to bend the frame back to shape. There are some simple measurment tools you can make with string to make sure it's "right". If your not moving it/bending it excessively, then it shouldn't be a problem for a steel subframe.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Krey thats what i was going to do,,,ill take a pic and post it

Comment

Working...
                X