X

sellimg a 99 kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sellimg a 99 kat

I am going to be selling a 99 kat 600. it has about 4700 miles on it and is in almost perfect condition with the exception of a couple of small scratches. how much do you guys think i should ask for it? thanks !!!!

Pics. Need to see scratches.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

i don't have any pics. one scratch is on the passenger grab handle on the rear and the other is on the right side fairing and it is only about a quarter inch long. the crankcase hase a small chip out of it. all of these scratches can be touched up. the previous owner tipped the bike over in the garage but it has never been wrecked or laid down.

Comment

Like Lou said without pics you really can't tell...there is a site that will give you "blue book" value of your bike...I can't remember it off hand but many say to check there..hopefully someone who knows will post something...also you may consider waiting till the bike season starts...you'll get a better price depending where you live...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I'll give you $0.50 and a lap dance... deal?

Comment

that's just kinky.

Long Live the D

Comment

Nada book values for my area sez:
              $2110 typical
              $2775 in mint or near-mint condition.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Nada book values for my area sez:
                $2110 typical
                $2775 in mint or near-mint condition.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                read that again CP

$2775 average retail
                $2110 low retail

Low Retail Value — low retail unit may have extensive wear and tear. Body parts may have dents and blemishes. The buyer can expect to invest in cosmetic and/or mechanical work. This vehicle should be in safe running order. Low retail vehicles usually are not found on dealer lots.

Average Retail Value — An average retail unit should be clean without obvious defects. All rubber and cables should be in good condition. The paint should match and have a good finish. All lights and switches should work properly. The mileage should be within or slightly higher than the average range. This unit should also pass any emission inspection.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
                  $2775 average retail
                  $2110 low retail

Low Retail Value — low retail unit may have extensive wear and tear. Body parts may have dents and blemishes. The buyer can expect to invest in cosmetic and/or mechanical work. This vehicle should be in safe running order. Low retail vehicles usually are not found on dealer lots.

Average Retail Value — An average retail unit should be clean without obvious defects. All rubber and cables should be in good condition. The paint should match and have a good finish. All lights and switches should work properly. The mileage should be within or slightly higher than the average range. This unit should also pass any emission inspection.
                  Those are dealer prices, which usually have an additional margin built in over private owner sales. Thus, rather than discounting their margin, I discount the condition instead (in my mind, clean & good condition without obvious defects = near-mint). Meanwhile, the numbers for his state or area may be different than those in mine...

My advice is to ask for slightly higher than the higher number and be ready to come down towards the lower number based on condition.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

that's pretty low for a dealer price.

Suggested Retail Value $3310*

The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

plus with motorcycles having a lower margin i've found that private sales price around nada - most will quote KBB cause it's higher.

tim

Comment

don't take the fact i'm selling my 99' 600 into account

tim

Comment

Working...
                      X