X

ok...one more sneak peek

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok...one more sneak peek

I only have one more lower fairing to paint and the bitch is finally done! That is after I get all the body on. Then it is off to inspection to get it plated.
    So what do you think? does the color suit it? keep in mind it will be a female riding it. I kinda like it. I have plenty of paint left, and am actually thinking of doing my 82 1100 kat the same color.
    The next set of pics I post will be when it is 100% together and out in the sun. This pic doesn't do it justice. it's too dark.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Beautiful, like it. different is always good.
    And, I cant tell what it is. Even better.

Comment

Looks Good. I like that color. What is it called?
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by 01blewkat
        Beautiful, like it. different is always good.
        And, I cant tell what it is. Even better.
        it's an 83 GS550EF

the color is:

333L2511 B NO LEAD
        VALSPAR BASECOAT
        COLOR: SUNSHADES BLUE METALLIC

COATING VOC: 5.40 lbs/gl 642 gms/l
        MATERIAL VOC: 5.00 lbs/gl 603 gms/l

Comment

this is my first total restoration of a bike.....as in 100% tear down and re-paint, polish, or clean every last part right down to each and every nut and bolt. I would say I have roughly 125-150 hours into it, and the woman who will be riding it as her first bike has maybe 50-60 hours in it. you can take off maybe 20 hrs from each of our time for when we would "take a break", if you know what I mean
          I am not so sure I would do it again with just any bike. it would have to have "collector" status before I would do it again to that extent.

this will give you an idea what I had to start with.

[img][/img]

Comment

How she run mojoe? I mean the bike btw

Comment

that paint looks nice, real crisp and clean. looks like you have done a good job

Comment

Sweet
                05 GSX-600
                89 zx750r
                04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                  How she run mojoe? I mean the bike btw
                  like a new bike. it starts up better than my 1100...and actually runs better. it only has 46k kms on it......which is only about 26k miles, which is not bad for a 23 yr old bike. that is only a bit over 1k miles a year.

and ford.....if you knew that nightmare it was to get it to look that good, you would DEFINATELY say I did a good job. I had to bondo the tank to smooth it up, one fairing was caved in and I had to bondo/reshape it......and the previous owner painted it with some sort of rubber based paint which was a nightmare to work with. The damn shit would not even come off with sandblast. It would just bounce off like I was sandblasting a tire.

Comment

Sweet! But your new girlfriend in the background is a bit young to be riding yet, isn't she?

All tongue-in-cheek,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Mojoe that's one helluva job and that's an understatement!! I like the color. Very cool!

I personally think that it's a pretty big bike for that little girl but hey, what do I know.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow, that bike is looking very nice. Well done!
                        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Looks good Mike, can't wait to see it in the sunlight.
                          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Looking Sharp!!
                            I think that blue would look even better on the 82..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

That looks really nice. Are you planning on adding any graphics or stripes (maybe tapeworks) or just leaving it a solid color? Either way should look sharp in the end. Would love to see the finished product in the sunlight. Keep up the good work!
                              ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Working...
                              X