X

is the 04 exhaust the same as the 06

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the 04 exhaust the same as the 06

Is the fit on the 06 katana exhaust the same as the 04. I couldn't see where there has been a difference but I want to make sure before selling my D&D can and midpipe. it fit my 04 great but I don't want the guy that has an 06 to get something he can't use

Thanks

Dave
    I never met a corner I didn't like

I had a an 01 d and d exhaust on my 05 and it all matched up good. I'm about 98% sure its the same

Comment

i agree.i think u have no problem

Comment

thanks guys
        I never met a corner I didn't like

Comment

It's interchangable. It's not identical.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I can tell you that the 02 and 05 are different. Apparently the midpipe is just a hair longer, which is enough to keep all the mounting brackets from lining up. I hope using the 05 headers will get them to line up.
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
              I can tell you that the 02 and 05 are different. Apparently the midpipe is just a hair longer, which is enough to keep all the mounting brackets from lining up. I hope using the 05 headers will get them to line up.
              You sure it's a different length between the years, and not simply between the engine sizes?

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i had just asked a similar question on another thread.... im trying to put a Two Brothers exhaust on my 04, but they only designed them for models up to 03. apparently it will fit, but the brackets will be off by 1/2-3/4 in. Any way to get around that as far as adaptor brackets or something?
                Fo Sho.

Comment

Originally posted by Built4Speeed
                  i had just asked a similar question on another thread.... im trying to put a Two Brothers exhaust on my 04, but they only designed them for models up to 03. apparently it will fit, but the brackets will be off by 1/2-3/4 in. Any way to get around that as far as adaptor brackets or something?
                  You would have a couple options that come to mind right away:
                  (A) you could simply fab up a metal bracket to sit between the hanger and the existing hole in the exhaust.
                  (B) you could see if swapping rear footpeg brackets would provide the right alignment.

Q: Doesn't the 2-Bros. come with a non-integrated bracket that can be moved?

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

yea i think theres a movable bracket that would do it..... im gonna look into it more
                    Fo Sho.

Comment

Working...
                    X