X

what do I do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do I do?

I want more get up and go, nothing extreme just increase in HP and torque. I got a stock 05 600. Any suggestions? Ohh! I only been riding for about 2 yrs and still learning the mechanics of bikes. So I take my bike to the shop to get stuff done.

Sprocket ratio change seems easiest and cheapest to do . Biggest bang for the buck , anyway .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

jet kits,ing.avancer aks CP about grinding some of the weld of the header.

Comment

You want both more HP and more torque? How much more? If the answer is "under 10%", get an Ivan's jetkit and ignition advancer. If the answer is above 10%, get a different bike.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

NOS: Single Carb Motorcycle Kit 10-100Hp - w/2Lb Bottle & Line Complete motorcycle kit for single carburetor application. Small universal fuel pump sold separate. $469.95

Ivan's jetkit and ignition advancer plus around $190

Comment

NOS: $469.95 to ruin your stock Katana engine in under 5k miles (potentially in under 500 miles).

I find that very amusing right now...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

come on CP you know you want one!!!lol

Comment

even if you put NOS on your bike and tune it all properly, it's gonna cost you every time you use it. Jet kit, exhaust, ignition advancer, air filter, and other bolt on parts are a one time investment.
                http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

OK. I've decided to go with Ivan's jet kit, ig advancer, and sprocket change.

Some guidance on grinding some of the weld off the header?

Comment

Just grab a dremmel or one of those grinding rods (big filers) and grind down the excess weld to make a smoother opening. The grinding tool may take more time but very cheap, the dremmel can have it done in under 10 mins but cost around $50 for a decent one that wont crap on you
                    Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

CyberPoet's "Grinding Exhaust Headers" page

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        Sprocket ratio change seems easiest and cheapest to do . Biggest bang for the buck , anyway .
                        +1 Money well spent.

Comment

Working...
                        X