X

Bearing and other questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearing and other questions

Ok, I've bought a set of forks, triples, axles, etc from a 91 GSXR750 to replace the lunched front end on my 95 600. I've also purchased a gsxr750 wheel to go with it. BTW, getting that wheel was a PIA!! They seem to fetch a fair price on ebay and I had a ceiling that I didn't want to pass so I missed quite a few wheels. Finally snagged one, but it took a while of watching and waiting.
    Any way, my questions are this: Should I buy bearings to fit the 95 Kat triple or the 91 GSXR triple? Since this is supposed to be a direct swap, does it even matter? I mean are they the same part number, etc.?

TIA, MKKAT

Start by visiting RonAyers.com and comparing the part numbers and descriptions for the bearings you are talking about. If they are identical part number, don't sweat it. If they are different part numbers, but the same dimensional info (i.e. bearing 15x5x87 or whatever) then pick the Katana bearing (which should be more up to the weight of the Kat). If they don't have matching numbers AND don't have matching sizes, you will have to figure something out...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

there the same lower bearing is 30X55X17 and upper bearing is 25X47X15
      now if you go to a local industail bearing and chain place where your at most likely theyll have then in stock and it will be a better quality bearing then the stock suzuki one and yes im speaking from exp the stock one uses a plastic cage the replacement ones i got when i did my front end swap on my lil track bike it uses the same bearings as then above had a metal cage holding the rollers and it was made by timken which is one of the best bearing makers in the world

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X