X

Michelin Macadams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelin Macadams

I have the stock 90X on my kat 600 now. I have seen them with newer 100x macadams are they still crap or what. i was looking at the diablos for an upgrade. I will not if i can help it do a lot of wet weather driving. Any input?
    Kat78

still crap, i don't know about the diablos for wet riding.

Comment

I had a diablo on my Kat and never had any problems with it, Although I didn't ride in any major rain with it. For about the same price you could also consider the Metzeler Sportec M-1, whitch is what I am running now due to a screw in the Diablo.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

My advice:

Commuting, touring, some railing, all-weather use: Metzeler Z6, or optionally the Pirelli Diable Stradas instead (still manufactured by Metzeler and virtually the same tire).
        Heavy railing, lots of time spent canted over: Pirelli Diablo (not Diablo Corsa nor Diablo Stradas).

The Metzeler M1's are hyper-grippy sports tires, awesome track tire, but overkill for a bike that puts out 70 - 80 HP, weighs 500+ lbs without the rider weight included -- you'll get low mileage out of the tire by comparison.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Michelin Macadams

Thanks all,

I won't canted over anywhere right now. I am the guy who just got the screw out, if some of you have seen my earlier post. I just went out today and rode around my house for about 2 miles in a circle going both directions. Yes I have the space to do that. I have to cut my grass using a tractor. thanks for letting me know the Macs are still crap no matter how much they say that they are improved.
          Kat78

Comment

Macs are Macs.. they do an OK job for just basic commuting, but the difference you'll feel and the confidence you'll gain with some sportechs, diablo's or pilots will be like night and day.. its one of the best things you can do for your bike and yourself.

Comment

What's wrong with a Macadam (this one is a type 50 after a day on the track!)

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                What's wrong with a Macadam (this one is a type 50 after a day on the track!)
                Were they paying you extra to use your tires to clean their track?

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Just an illustration for the quality off a so-called poor type off tyre.
                  As I allways say there are no really bad tyres, only poorskilled riders...
                  Feel the feedback and anticipate on it and even a Macadam 50 will be ok for fast and hard railing as you can see.

Comment

Kweeble...that looks like a shopping cart wheel.

Imagine what you could do with RUBBER tyres (BTW..great to see you around bro)

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                      As I allways say there are no really bad tyres...
                      Simply means you've never ridden a Katana on Chen Shins.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

@Range
                        Thnx bro, I'm still around so now and then but most off the time only reading.

@CP
                        I believe a Chen Shin will be a "lesser" tyre than the big names, but I'm allso sure it won't be worse than f.i. a Metzeler 130/80 18" bias-ply reartyre back in the mid-70's fitted on a 280kg 100Hp bike with chewinggum frame, swingarm and primitive suspension and believe me I had only two throttlepositions those days... closed and fully-opened. (I wonder often how I survived those years, must have had a dozen off overstressed guardian-angels, still have)

Comment

Working...
                        X