X

750 kat wont start but clicks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 kat wont start but clicks

the battery is goodi hook it up to a battery charger and give it a go sometimes my start button works but i think i may haft to replace it idk or put some alcohol in it but i took a screw driver strait to the solenoid it sparks and clicks but no turn over i belive it is locked up any quick fixes

Sounds like a dead battery.

Hook the Kat's battery up to a car battery WITH THE CAR OFF with jumper cables. IF the Kat turns over, time to buy a battery.

Comment

the starter solenoid on my 1100 went out too i just tapped it with a screwdriver hard it free'd up and works ever since
      1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
      2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
      sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
      Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
      A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

i had it hooked to a car starter battery charger annd it just clicks but it throws sparks when i touch the screw driver to the solenoid

Comment

it's the relay. NOT the battery. What year is your bike, I've got a relay for both generations.

Comment

Have a volt meter? What's it read when you hit start, sans the charger. I don't think that's going to help you.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

relay dude

Comment

its a 02 but i belive it to be locked up but i hear it spining but it wont engage. before when it did this i put it in gear and rocked it and popt the clutch thinking its just kinda stuck on a place on the flywheel

Comment

ok, now you're getting carried away. Katana engine's don't "lock up" your's is not. We told you why it won't start and it's not because it's locked up. Befre you buy a relay, there's a 40A fuse in there, check it.

Comment

Same problem on my 06 600 today. I cleaned the Kat and let it warm up for about 5 minutes after washing it while I toweled it off. I got on for a ride to get it up to operating temp before putting it back in the garage. I put it in gear and it went dead when I released the clutch. I pushed it into the garage and left it overnight. I tried it today and it turned over for a few seconds and then clicks again. Arsenic, where is the relay? I checked all fuses and swapped the relay that sits over the battery and still nothing. I tried pushing it off (steep driveway) and no joy. It feels like it is in gear even when the clutch is in. I had to put it back in neutral to push it up the drive because of this. Any ideas...I don't think mine is the relay. Arsenic you are a professional and I respect your input. Any chance the starter is fried? I will try to jump it tomorrow after I change the brakes on my car (05 GTO in avatar).

Comment

k i will check the relay is it the one beside the solenoid jday its on the side that ur gas valve is on and it is at the end right beside the airbox but arsneic how much for ur relay

Comment

starter fried, on an 06, I doubt it. The relay just needs to be dry as a bone, it'll be fine tomorrow.
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
                        Last edited by arsenic; 01-21-2009, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks Arsenic...I will check it.

Comment

my bike was siting out side its been cold but no rain maybe condensationi did just get it painted thow if ur on facebook add me
                            Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Yep any kinda condensation will make alot of parts on the bikes go haywire ....let it dry Jday you should be ok ....Starters rarely go it's either the relay or the fuse most of the time

Bryce get a bike cover you'll be happy you did
                              Last edited by quik89Kat; 01-23-2009, 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                              2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                              sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                              Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                              A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Working...
                              X