X

Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0

Just ordered the Joe Rocket 4.0 jacket from Newenough.com. I tried it on at the dealer and figured out my size and ordered it for $40 cheaper from them. It seems to fit really well and I heard good reviews for it. Anyone own one want to chime in? Thanks.

I have an older balistic...i like it, fits good..and vents well. the only complaint i have is one of the collar snaps seems to be right on my adams apple.. it bugs me.. but other than that its great
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I have that jacket, works like a charm
      myspace
      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I've got one too, I really like it, it keeps you nice and cool. With the liner in it's really windproof, but the liner is not breathable so you'll sweat, so with the liner I would wear and wicking base layer. I like the fit and love the shield pocket it's pretty sweet. and best of all it was f'n cheap!

bad: The pads seem okay but it doesn't come with the CE backpad, bummer. And I'm sure that while it will hold up better than a t-shirt, in a crash there isn't a whole lot of material there, I would like to see some synthetic (spectra / kevlar) reinforcement. But that doesn't keep me from wearing it. overall I like.

Comment

I got one yesterday too from newenough to wear to and from work in the summer. I got sick and tired of wearing my textile one and being soaking wet after a 10 minute ride.

Comment

I have a Joe Rocket UFO, a glorified Phoenix with patches, great summer jacket for sure!!
            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

My balistic has the back padding, it comes down almost to my low back..
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I have 4.0 and love it. I paid 145 for it last summer from a local shop. I wish I knew about newenough back then. It has great air flow and is very comfortable when the temps get high. Got mine in silver to keep things as cool as possible. I took the liner out of it the day I got it and have never used it. I have another solid nylon jacket that I use when the weather is not that great. Someone else here in the site said he had one and it held up very well in a crash. He did not say how severe the crash was but he said he was extremely pleased with it.

Comment

Great buy! I've got the older Ballistic and it works well. Vent's really good, especially with this Florida heat!
                  Looking good is understood!!!

Comment

I ordered one and donated $1 to the site

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

I have the Pheonix 5.0 and love it. But I'm going to have to for using your local shop as a fitting room. TALK to your guys...a lot of them will cut you deals to keep your business local. I'm the Parts Manager at the local dealership and I do it all the time for people.
                      Currently Kat-less....but still in love with them.

And as I hit 6th gear, I forgot what she said...

Comment

i wish you were here cereal killer....

i have to do the same thing, they wont work with you as far as prices, SIZES or ANYTHING.

I asked them if they had anything in a small, he said "no".

I said "well....are you going to be ordering anything in a small that fits slimmer than the phoenix 4.0 (which fit large on me)?"

He said they would be recieving a shipment of small jackets in assorted brands next week.

I came by the next week. and the next. and the next. I was told no jackets were ordered.

?

I also found out that the joe rocket phoenix 4.0 he "hooked me up" on was about $70 overpriced.

Im riding to ironpony if I decide to buy ANYTHING that isnt online

sorry for the tantrum guys, but I was just thinking that the joe rocket 4.0 fit a little large in the belly?
                        (I gave mine to my brother since his shoulders are a bit wider than mine, and it fits him great. Im currently looking for a slim fitting textile/mesh jacket, but noone has any smalls I can try on.)
                        Last edited by LAsunbird86; 05-24-2008, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Hey KenWil138, did you get yours in yet? If so, how long did it take? I just ordered the same jacket and some JR gloves from NewEnough two days ago. I hope it fits good enough, my weight flucutates so much I decided on the large.

Comment

I may exchange mine, I think it looks sort of goofy when it is on.
                            I may go for the UFO jacket.

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

I have the 4.0 in black ordered it from new enough also.
                              I like it, vents well, looks decent enough. Not as flashy as some jackets, which is good in my opinion.
                              It comes in fat ******* sizes which I also needed. Got to maine from texas in 4-5 days. New enough was great to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                              X