X

That "in tune" feeling that comes with time. Plea

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That "in tune" feeling that comes with time. Plea

This season will be my fourth with my Kat. I have put about 12,000 miles since I've had it. At this point all basic maintenance is like second nature, the valve adjustment was a great learning experience, as well as brakes and other repairs. What I like is best is knowing all the little quirks about the bike, like knowing what to expect in cold weather start-ups, how bike responds to really hot weather, and the different feel with a full tank versus an almost empty tank, or new tires versus worn out. All the things that come with mileage and multiple seasons. Anyone else?

I've learned things about my bike and what she likes and doesn't like. It does take time, however, to get used to it all. I wish I got my hands dirty doing the valve adjustment but at least I'm doing some basic maintenance.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

it is nice knowing the ins & outs. the kat is a very easy bike to work on.

tim

Comment

I never work on the bike at all other than to oil the chain, lube the cables and clean the rotors, but I do feel I know the bike well. I suppose it's possible that my mechanic knows it better Well, I did recently add a slip on exhaust and adjust the idle afterwards. I thought that was a big accomplishment
        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Working...
        X