X

Opnions on possible first bike and a quick question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opnions on possible first bike and a quick question

well im new to the whole bike scene and im probably going to be getting a 95 GSX 600f for my first bike. the guy im gonna buy it from is looking for around $1900-1800 for it but im not totally sure what its worth. here are some pictures...

it needs some work but im willing to do it. all it really needs is a windscreen and mirrors. id do some body work to it and probably repaint it. but it was laid down and have some scratches on the right side fairing. i was thinking that $1800 is a little much for it in the condition its in with around 25k miles on it. but i just want to see what yours guys thoughts would be on it?

and another quick question. i know with cars like my Acura Integra, there are certain generations (years) of the model where parts are compatible with other years ie. all 1994-97 integras have parts that will fit each other. i was wondering if it was the same way with the older kats? and if so what other years would be compatible with the 95 so i can figure out what years for the parts i can look for insted of trying to find just 1995 parts?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Milage is low considering 5K is the average yealy milage for a bike . And the price is high considering the condition . Also , most parts from any 89-97 katana will fit (LOTS of stuff from the 750 will fit the 600) .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Bike looks good. As long as it is mechanicaly sound everything else is just bolt on. Ebay is a good start and like he said those years are compatable.

Comment

I would talk him down quite a bit or skip on it... How to arrive at a fair price:

Go to www.nada.com and look up the value. Print it out.
        Then go over to his place and start deducting repair costs for each item that needs to be repaired.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What happened to the wind screen ?

Comment

I'd probably pass dude,where is the windscreen and mirrors.For $1800 they should be included dont you think?I dont know,look inside the fairing for frame damage...Have the owner ride down the road and look and see if the bike is dogtracking.Ride it yourself and let go of the clipons and see if the bike goes straight or leans..
            Your call I guess..For another 500bucks or so you could probably get a pretty nice Kat..

Comment

Working...
            X