No announcement yet.
X

Visor fogging

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up picking up a breath gaurd for my Shoei and it helped a lot with fogging. I never had fogging problems with my HJC CL-14. Do you have the vents open?

Comment

This is the one that I have: http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...eafCatId=40102
      It has worked pretty well for me. Although for extensive night riding I would use a clear visor.

Comment

I have that same light sensitive one. Sometime it stays a lil tinted at night and if your on a dark road it can be a pain. However, if you have a problem with fogging its a miracle. they will not fog up, period. be sure its positioned correctly or it will give your helmet a whistle or make it hard tro raise up.

side note" The colored ones will act alot like a tinted sheild. If you dont want the hindered vision at night do not get the color tinted ones! [/quote]

Comment

I have a Scorpion EXO400 helmet that come stock with anti-fog visors. So far, mine hasn't fogged up one bit.

Comment

I'm behind the Scorpions as well. I live in Savannah GA where we have 100% humidity all the time. I've owned Shoei and Aria's and now hae an EXO-700. The expensive Shoei and Aria's don't even measure up as far as fogging. I have track raced, ridden in weather and humidity, and even blocked off the bottom and blew as hard as I could to try and get a fog up and never have one. They have some patent on the technology but its the future of visors.
            Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Redshift
              A few weeks ago i picked up a Progrip 3000 anti-fog visor lens ( http://www.progrip.com/default.asp?tip=9&ite=gog ). It sticks onto the inside of the visor. Cost me $30 (AUD) and it's one of my best damn investments to date. You could boil a kettle inside my helmet now & still see through the visor!! (mind you, i haven't actually tried that...) I do a LOT of night riding and fair bit of wet weather riding and quite honestly, given it's effectiveness, I'd probably have been willing to pay several times that price for the convenience it offers. It also has a light sensitive variable tint which is pretty nifty. In the sun it's dark enough to make things more comfortable if you're caught out without your shades, but light enough that you can wear them anyway without the world going black. At night it's very close to clear and helps to cut headlight glare. As you can probably tell by now, I highly recommend them to anyone who cares to listen.
              Best solution period! I have one, don't ever have to crack my visor, and in 30-40 degrees during the winter with breathing...nothing. Well worth it!

Comment

the nolan 1000's come with anti-fog shield that you put in and than ypu have that extra tinted half visior. I love my it.

keeley
                walk lightly, breathe deeply, harm none

Comment

Working...
                X