2002 GSX750F Rear Suspension in the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 GSX750F Rear Suspension in the UK

Hi Guys,

I've spent this morning reading through loads of posts about replacement rear suspension. However most of it seems to be regarding pre Kats and how to get hold of parts in the USA.

Basically my rear suspension has some corrosion on the bottom mounting point, which is OK for now, but means I'm looking at replacing and therefore upgrading the rear suspension.

I'm based in the Midlands in the UK, can anyone give me some recommendations / ideas on which suspension to go for or where to source it?

I'm not looking at spending silly money, just want it replaced with something that I can get adjusted as I get more experienced.

Many thanks in advance.
    2002 Suzuki GSX750F (First Bike)

Originally posted by AquaticChimp View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've spent this morning reading through loads of posts about replacement rear suspension. However most of it seems to be regarding pre Kats and how to get hold of parts in the USA.

Basically my rear suspension has some corrosion on the bottom mounting point, which is OK for now, but means I'm looking at replacing and therefore upgrading the rear suspension.

I'm based in the Midlands in the UK, can anyone give me some recommendations / ideas on which suspension to go for or where to source it?

I'm not looking at spending silly money, just want it replaced with something that I can get adjusted as I get more experienced.

Many thanks in advance.
    The 02 750 is a rebuild-able shock. You can stick with it (even if you need to place parts) and have it build for your bike/weight/ride style. It's adjustable, so can be tuned later on. The biggest thing is getting the spring rate correct and having the valving tuned for that.

I'd suggest you do the front forks at the same time.

Check with some UK based suspension shops. I'm sure there are some around.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X