X

Help finding a proper suit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/s...ce+suit+-+2011

I get gear from the these people. They are local to me and its a closeout store so the prices are pretty good. This one piece suit is $540.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
      here are a few reasons:

1) going to work and don't want to have to change when you get there....and have to wash your nutsack because of the sweat.

2) going out for supper with a hot chick, and don't want to sit in a restaurant with leather pants, and a sweaty nutsack.

3) going to that hot chick's apartment after supper, and will probably have a btter chance at getting a bj, if it wasn't for the sweaty nutsack.

4) going to a job interview, and want to look presentable, not like you are about to hit the track after the interview.

5) going to a funeral...pretty much like the job interview.
      If I didn't agree with the whole no need for leather all the time thing...I would have instantly changed my mind based on the first three comments. That right there should seal the deal for the naysayers.

**** I wear Kevlar Jeans and it is hard not to sweat in those bad boys.
      Last edited by professa_riddler; 03-14-2012, 03:44 PM.
      -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
      sigpic

Comment

look...I feel kinda bad for getting bent out of shape, and I apologize for that, but damn, as motorcyclists we have to put up with enough "judging" from the non-bikers, so it really irks me when fellow riders start doing the same thing. I might be a bit "over-opinionated" at times, but I have lines I try not to cross, such as bashing someones bike of choice, or how they dress to ride it. mind you there are exceptions....such as if you are a grown man and are wearing a hot pick 1pc leather suit, then I might ask, "wtf is up with that".

but to the point....riding is about freedom, and other riders should realize this and just let fellow riders ride the way they choose.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

mind you there are exceptions....
          ... like icon body armor, a backwards hat, and sun glasses.

Yeah I would only differentiate between 1 and 2pc suits as far as comfort and heat retention, not my image. If you've seen me, you know I dont really give a crap about that hahaha.

Comment

ya Ed, I know you are not concerned with image. but there is no denying that there are a lot of riders out there who dress up to look cool just as much as they do for safety reasons. harley riders are a good example of that....like a set of chaps is really going to help you. and if harley riders have that mentality, for sure some sport bike riders do as well. the only real difference is that a leather suit does indeed offer protection at the same time it "improves" your image.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Well, you typically don't get to pick the time when you go down, so you're forgiven by the Gods if you're over-dressed/protected for a ride. I tend to wear my Joe rocket 2-piece on just about any long ride these days. For shorter rides, I typically stick to jeans and a simple armored leather jacket. I personally like the two-piece because you can wear the jacket alone, though you can't use 2-piece suits at most tracks.
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

here are a few reasons:

1) going to work and don't want to have to change when you get there....and have to wash your nutsack because of the sweat.

2) going out for supper with a hot chick, and don't want to sit in a restaurant with leather pants, and a sweaty nutsack.

3) going to that hot chick's apartment after supper, and will probably have a btter chance at getting a bj, if it wasn't for the sweaty nutsack.

4) going to a job interview, and want to look presentable, not like you are about to hit the track after the interview.

5) going to a funeral...pretty much like the job interview.

I could go on...but I won't. instead I will ask, don't you use your bike for more than just "riding"? don't you ever go anywhere with your bike where a full leather suit is inappropriate ot just a pain in the arse? if not, well what kind of rider are you? don't use your bike for more than just pleasure riding?
                2 and 3 are moot..... chances are pretty good that if you show up to pick up the aforementioned woman wearing your Power Rangers suit, she'll laugh and shut the door in your face....

I ride in a helmet, gloves, supportive footwear (not riding boots), and 99% of the time my riding jacket. That's it. I agree that leathers all the time is safer, but there is just no chance that I'm showing up to work looking like I stepped off the set of "Tron", and no way I'm sweating my balls off for 10+ hours at school in leather pants, and tromping all over campus in riding boots.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

There are some really good riding jackets now that do not even look like a riding jacket, and the armor on the arms, shoulders and back are instantly removeable, so, assuming that you wore some really thick jeans, you could go on a date looking like you were wearing no protective clothing at all if you ditched the protective plates, glves, etc.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                  X