Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Wiring and Electrics

Wiring and Electrics Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

Old 06-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #11
olekat
Chicken Strip

well I have been delayed a little more than a week, Sometimes its hard to set time aside for the bike. Since the last post I've gotten married, got a job(while going to school full time) and my car caught on fire. The bike had to be put off for a little while due to life. I do have some good news. The injector driver that I fried was supposed to be obsolete so I compared the characteristics of the component to some others I found online. When I received the part it had the same part number as the one that came with the megasquirt. After I replaced the driver the fuel injectors held pressure but when I cranked the engine I was getting an inconsistent spark. what I did was plug the cdi box back and I'm running fuel only right now. I plan on tuning the fuel portion then adding spark later.i did take a quick video of the bike running very rough. I have not yet started tuning, the bike has a long way to go before getting back on the road but now it will start. Don't worry about the exhaust I just slid that on because it was so loud. Tomorrow I'm going to wire in the wideband O2 and start dialing the idle.

well I'm having trouble posting the video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8dOf1PlaBg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8dOf1PlaBg[/ame]

Its not the best video but I'll post more when I start tuning

Last edited by olekat; 06-23-2013 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
olekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #12
91_gsx600F katana
Track Rider

Congrats! It's aways work. But u could have had carbs and the bike running pretty good a long time ago! But still glad to see what your doing!
R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines
91_gsx600F katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
olekat
Chicken Strip

yeah I could have used carbs but I wanted to try this megasquirt out. Ive been wanting to inject the Vette but was unsure about using this megasquirt so I am using the kat as a guniea pig. MS3 and an ls1 would be sick but one at a time for now.

gsx600f hows the turbo setup running? I've got a K03 from AUDI 1.8T sitting around and its looking like it needs some use.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #14
90KatSix
Squid

This pretty sick. I was wondering if there was anybody that had tried this. We used the megasuirt system in a school project to make a drag snowmobile. We tried to swap a gixxer motor in for the snowmobile's motor. I didn't get to mess with the megasuirt to much but we got it running.
90KatSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #15
olekat
Chicken Strip

I haven't taken the bike out but it is running good at idle(14.5 afr) and its going a little rich through the lower rpm range but that can be taken care of when I take it out. the bike is still in the garage because I'm building a turbo manifold out of schedule 40 pipe, Ive got a K03 from an AUDI 1.8t that I'm going to be putting on it. I plan on just running the exhaust straight out the side of the turbo. I know that its going to sound pretty loud and raspy but I think it will be a baby monster. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to route the intake but Ill get to that after I finish the exhaust it may look strange but I'm not too worried about that.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #16
91_gsx600F katana
Track Rider

Glad to hear is running!

Turbos doing good, got about 850 miles on it! Last 300 or so have been at 12psi boost but im also not in boost very often as it starts at 8k. I'm thinking of doing a oil change, got about 2k on this dyno stuff but I might leave it and save the synthetic 20w50 for the Turbo B12.

Good luck with the turbo build, not sure on the size of that turbo but 1.8L seems a bit big. Your at about 1/2 of 1L lol.... So if it spools ull have a crap spool time etc but see if it works. Got any pics of the turbo? How about the flanges can u get them to make the exhaust and stuff?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #17
olekat
Chicken Strip

I know its going to take a while to spool, I don't mind I'm just doing this to be different. the turbo came off of a 150 hp car so I'm hoping the lag wont be too bad. the flanges are still in the mail along with some other stuff like a bov and boost gauge. the manifold shouldn't be too hard but it will take some time I'm planning to go fro 4-2 then 2-1 to try and keep some velocity. I thought about making a log manifold but I threw that out quickly. I'm also going to fab the plenum, space is limited so lets see what I come up with
Old 07-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #18
91_gsx600F katana
Track Rider

I think the turbo might not build boost at all honestly. I'm only saying that as its a huge waste of time to to build all this to have to redo alot bc the turbo is wrong. Your making
Half that Hp, I would need alot more rev to Get it going, no point in building boost at 10-11k since its only Good for like 1-2,000 rpms. U would be in and out of boost before it was able to build or be used.

I wish u the best just hope your not wasting ur time.

What BOV u go with, boost gauge and u looking at WGs?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #19
olekat
Chicken Strip

Wow you are optimistic haha. the K03 is a tiny turbo, saying that it will not boost at all is kind of ridiculous. the 750 is rated at about 100 hp and thats not far from what the audi would do without a turbo. Again I know that it will spool in the upper rpm range but lower than 10-11k that you have in your mind. Placing the turbo in the front will help with spool as opposed to your setup which sheds a lot of heat (yes the heat helps spool the turbine) the hot side is what determines spool characteristics. The size of the engine does not directly effect power potential, its the airflow that matters the most.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #20
91_gsx600F katana
Track Rider

I wasn't aware of the turbo size given by the number, I didn't want to spend time looking up the specs but it can't be that small if its used on a 150hp motor. Posting specs of the turbo and all that stuff would help. Still tho for it to be in the turbos efficency range it would have to be well below the peak airflow of the the turbo. Wat are the turbine ratios?
Sponsored Links