Meanstrk - December 2005 Katana of the Month

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Wiring and Electrics

Wiring and Electrics Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

Old 08-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
05RedKat600
Kat Legend

The only thing you haven't checked is the bulb and the socket that it's in......
05RedKat600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
latenight
Katrider

Default wiring picture

and here is a photo.

In the bottom, you can see the wires which come from the turn signal. A Black (with white stripe) wire, and a Red wire.

In the top right of the photo you can see the four other wires which lead from the handlebar. They seem to be paired in two. At the top, a yellowish wire with a Black (with white stripe) wire. Just below that, a greenish wire with a Black (with white stripe) wire.

Following the wiring diagram, I used the yellowish wire as the pink wire (figuring the pink faded), and connected it to the Black/white stripe wire coming from the turn signal. I then used the greenish wire to connect to the Red wire coming from the turn signal.

It did not work...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg right front turn signal wires.jpg (40.3 KB, 60 views)
latenight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #13
05RedKat600
Kat Legend

I don't see a red wire in the wiring diagram for your bike. I do know that black/white should go to black/white. The diagram for your bike says black to green.

I would go green to red after that as it may be an aftermarket replacement housing. If it doesn't work, check the bulb.

To reiterate:

Green and black/white pair goes:

Green to red
Black/white to Black/white

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenight View Post
and here is a photo.

In the bottom, you can see the wires which come from the turn signal. A Black (with white stripe) wire, and a Red wire.

In the top right of the photo you can see the four other wires which lead from the handlebar. They seem to be paired in two. At the top, a yellowish wire with a Black (with white stripe) wire. Just below that, a greenish wire with a Black (with white stripe) wire.

Following the wiring diagram, I used the yellowish wire as the pink wire (figuring the pink faded), and connected it to the Black/white stripe wire coming from the turn signal. I then used the greenish wire to connect to the Red wire coming from the turn signal.

It did not work...
Oh, and that pink wire? If you look carefully at the key for that schematic, it's actually labeled as black/white. Just because the diagram says it's pink, doesn't mean it is. Always, always, check the key.

Last edited by 05RedKat600; 08-30-2011 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #14
latenight
Katrider

Thanks for the suggestion. Both the wiring, and the need to look at the key!

I hooked it up as you suggested and it worked immediately!

Out of curiosity... any idea what the other two dangling wire connectors are?
latenight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #15
05RedKat600
Kat Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenight View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Both the wiring, and the need to look at the key!

I hooked it up as you suggested and it worked immediately!

Out of curiosity... any idea what the other two dangling wire connectors are?
The only yellow black/white pair I find on the schematic is for the high beam indicator. As to why they are down by your turn signal, I've got no idea on that one.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:29 AM   #16
DumbLuck
Ride in Peace

eBay ID: MrDawn1127

Black with white stripe is your ground. Pretty much always on all skoots. The extra pair of wires (probably brown and black with white stripe) is usually for running lights in front if you swap out your signals for ones with dual filament bulbs and 3 wires. This wire should be hot when you turn the key on, same circuit as your tail light. Just wiping the wire down will let ya see what color it originally was under the dirt and goo.
Lookin for a new Enduro project
DumbLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
02TrickFlowGT
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by flcmbt View Post
So I had a lot of trouble finding a good wiring diagram that didn't make me want to throw myself into oncoming traffic, all the ones I found the lines just blurred together, and the only one I found that had colors on it, was horribly undersized to read clearly. So here is a pre kat 750 wiring diagram I reworked for those of us that have trouble reading and making sense of the diagrams. Hope it helps

This is the best so far,
i still cant seem to find out what the deal is here which is the main power for the tail light/dash lights, the brown one right?? theres just one that pretty much brings power too the running lights/lic plate and gauge cluster right?

Last edited by 02TrickFlowGT; 11-25-2011 at 06:58 PM..
02TrickFlowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #18
02TrickFlowGT
Squid

where is this ignition switch block?? i needa check that brown wire there i think
Old 11-26-2011, 12:42 AM   #19
cintidude04
Kat Legend

eBay ID: cintidude04

Just from thename you threw out I would say it is the ignition on the triple tree.
http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04
cintidude04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #20
02TrickFlowGT
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cintidude04 View Post
Just from thename you threw out I would say it is the ignition on the triple tree.
i guess that sounds like a stupid question but the way it loked on the diagram was that it was a fairily regular looking block, but i didnt see any thing like that there so figured that wouldnt be that easy
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Wiring and Electrics