Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Gearing Up

Gearing Up If your going to ride you need good gear!
Tell us what you've got and find out what others are wearing.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:26 AM   #21
The CyberPoet
Cloud Rider

eBay ID: MotorcycleAnchor, and TheCyberPoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelldude View Post
Majority of impacts come from front left. Why aren't there a couple of them flashing LEDs in the front!
Probably legal reasons with red led's firing anywhere but backwards (could do it legally with yellow or white, as long as you can insure it doesn't flash into the rider's eyes via reflection off a mirror, etc.). Putting some emergency-grade reflective tape on your fork legs will probably go a long way to reducing front off-angle risks.

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet
Old 02-23-2008, 01:31 AM   #22
Novelldude
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyberPoet View Post
Probably legal reasons with red led's firing anywhere but backwards (could do it legally with yellow or white, as long as you can insure it doesn't flash into the rider's eyes via reflection off a mirror, etc.). Putting some emergency-grade reflective tape on your fork legs will probably go a long way to reducing front off-angle risks.

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet
Because I'd rather give you my money... do you carry any of that stuff CP? Heard you talk about it before.

Thanks,
ND
Novelldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:06 AM   #23
The CyberPoet
Cloud Rider

eBay ID: MotorcycleAnchor, and TheCyberPoet

I usually have some strips of the 3M brand emergency-vehicle grade reflective tape around here... But you can score it the same place I do -- your local auto parts store (sometimes), truck stops (more often) or eBay (virtually always).
Over the years, I've found that there is a radically difference in percentage return from these tapes depending on brand & make, and I specifically seek out 3M brand "emergency vehicle grade" stuff, then put that on the forks so that it covers a 90 degree arc from dead on to 90 degrees to the motion of travel (or more). I've had a few drivers over the years tell me that it was that which they saw and caused them to stop.

The pics of the stolen Kat have a good example:

or use this link for the larger version: http://www.cyberpoet.net/pics/cyberpoets.jpg

It looks better on the red Kats than the blue ones, but hey, if it keeps me alive and upright, I'm all for it. Note the secondary piece at the end of the swingarm as well.

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet
The CyberPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #24
SL1D3R
Tank Slapper

*sigh* I broke my black helmet shield last year trying to take it off. Wish I had a helmet like this.
SL1D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #25
CJOfficial
Chicken Strip

Default Looking to buy

Im actually looking to purchase a new helmet and kinda like this one. Does anyone know if motorcyclesuperstore.com gives you the extra accessories with it because you can get it for 103.00 shipped with a promotional code.
CJOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #26
JBLUE
Kat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOfficial View Post
Im actually looking to purchase a new helmet and kinda like this one. Does anyone know if motorcyclesuperstore.com gives you the extra accessories with it because you can get it for 103.00 shipped with a promotional code.
they do have a telphone number call them for infromation about the helmet

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

JBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #27
Black_peter
--Zombie--
Supporting Member

eBay ID: caferacer1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike75 View Post
I love the look and accessories the helmet come's with... The only thing keeping me from buying one is that the helmet is only Dot certified. .
OK it has been mentioned three times..
Here is the link..
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ge...iew/index.html
Read it and it might change your mind about DOT only lids.
NOTE: the SNELL 2010 standard has been "softened" to align with the MC findings, but SNELL denies it has to do with the article. They in fact trashed MC for running the article.
Black_peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #28
meanstrk
Kat Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyberPoet View Post
Ron, what size did you order?

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet

I ordered a medium and received the helmet today. I will say this.......

I am disapointed. Now, my view may be a bit skewed, because it just does not fit my mellon. It sits up too high on my head to feel comfortable wearing and barely covers my chin. It also does not hug the sides of my head and cheeks to fit properly, but everyone had different mellon sizes and this may fit others just fine, but other than that?

I really can't understand how in the hell they voted this "Helmet of the year". The visor indents feel cheesy and the interanl padding is decidedly low grade in comparison with other low priced helmets. I own 2 Scorpion EXO 700's and my son has an EXO 400 and the quality is heads and tails above this. It is a lightweight helmet though and definately seems like it will flow a good bit of air, and maybe that is why the padding is designed how it is, to flow air. The visors are not difficult to remove, but can be a PITA to install, but it does not require any tools to do, so that is a bonus. DOT certification means it will transmit LESS impact to your head than a SNELL lid, which is actually a good thing. The LED lights are really a pretty cool feature for night time rider visability and are easy to turn on, but you can't tell which mode they are in while wearing the helmet. The light up solid, slow flash, or fast flash. Helmet comes with a decent bag, smoke visor, visor cover, GMax keychain, spare batteries, and a smoke lens for the LED's. Paint is very good quality. It also has a chin skirt that is not removable, which will make it warmer in summertime, but is nice in winter. All in all, not a bad deal for someone that the helmet fits.

I will be selling this helmet and spending a bit more dosh and just go ahead and order the helmet I really wanted, which is the Scorion EXO 1000. I like the internal smoked visor feature of that thing and the ability to pump up the cheek padding for a custom fit rocks for the price!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #29
Black_peter
--Zombie--
Supporting Member

eBay ID: caferacer1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
I am disapointed. Now, my view may be a bit skewed, because it just does not fit my mellon.
Excellent review Ron!
Thanks for taking the time..
Black_peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #30
GytRDunKat
Kat Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
go ahead and order the helmet I really wanted, which is the Scorion EXO 1000. I like the internal smoked visor feature of that thing and the ability to pump up the cheek padding for a custom fit rocks for the price!
That's what I got. And believe me, if it fit's BP's skull...

One point to note, call before you go looking, 1000's are hard to find, well here anyways.

New to Katriders? Click Here!
GytRDunKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Gearing Up