Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

how much did you spend on your first bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first bike is my 2000 Kat 600. Got it two years ago after taking the MSF Beginners class (HIGHLY recommend for any new rider). Prolly paid too much, $3,800, but I did get two helmets, a textile jacket, textile/leather gloves, extra seat, various fluids/cleaners, and a random box of goodies so maybe I paid about right... maybe.

Since then I have put a set of tires, Metzler Roadtec Z6's and replaced an engine cover after laying it down and ripping it open, handlebars, clutch and brake levers, inner fork tubes (purchsed need to install), front axle, and I need to replace the front wheel.
    Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

well, the first bike that I bought is the kat i have now. '04 600, bought it back in january with 20k miles for $2000. although paid another thousand very quickly between a few things such as sales tax, registration, new front tire, slip-on exhaust, new chain and sprockets. all in all, she runs great, looks great (few minor things need cleaning up) and i couldn't be happier.
      2004 Katana
      GO OWLS!!!

Comment

i paid less than $200, and rode it about 10000 miles across 3 riding seasons.
        92 GSXF750
        83 nighthawk

Comment

I spent 3800 on my 06 600 w/1,500 miles last year...seemed like a good deal.

Comment

82 450 nighthawk
            $1800.00 Brand New ....

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

1st bike was a 1977 Kawasaki KE100 enduro, pd $325 for it in 1982. A couple months later I spent $425 on a 1971 500cc 2-stroke Suzuki street bike. It was fast but didn't stop very well. I was 16 and more worried about going than stoping.
              James

Comment

I paid $300 for my Kat.
                sigpic
                »Ross Wendell
                »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

I paid 900 for my kat last year.

Comment

seriously where do you guys find all these cheap kats?
                    i found one locally. dont have much info on it except the fact that its 01 and has had been laid down before i bought it so the left front light cover was broke and tail light cover was cracked bike runs extremely well. for 2000. i asked for more info such as title miles and the pic of damage. just waiting now.

Comment

First bike was a 1980 Kawasaki 750 LTD I took new off the showroom floor for $2795. Sold it four months later for $2100 due to marriage. Returned to biking 3 years ago and have gone through 8 good bikes keeping a VTX1300c. Last month added a 2000 Ninja600e that I'm crazy about. He was asking $3500, but I offered $2700 and he took it. 17 thousand miles. I'm schitzo when it comes to bikes, but very happy.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

mine was off craigslist in the late summer so the prices were down since we can't ride in winter.

Comment

Originally posted by shinna202 View Post
                          seriously where do you guys find all these cheap kats?
                          I got lucky on Craigslist. It didn't run, the gas tank was full of rust, and it had a really bad paint job.
                          sigpic
                          »Ross Wendell
                          »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

2 bills, and that is bills as in the largest denomination currently in production. ($200) 82 CB 650 Custom.
                            Then $1000 for the Kat. then $9500 for the Buell. Lets see at the rate I am going, the next bike will need to be around $70,000.
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet
                            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

i dont know if its the place i live at, but not too much kats here or ninjas anything like that. nebraska sucks !

Comment

first sportbike.... 3000 for my kat

Comment

Working...
                                X