Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

how much did you spend on your first bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much did you spend on your first bike?

I have been looking for awhile now, and im just wondering how much is the right amount you should spend on your first bike. This will be the first bike ever no riding experience before. Also just curious to see how old were you when you first bought your bike?

well i spent 550 bucks on a 82 yamaha i think it was a 500cc it looked good but ran like poop. i say if you got a 1000 bucks u can get a ridable bike and i was 23 years old but wish i started way sooner im now 27 years
    02 Suzuki Katana 750
    05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

i was 18 when i bought my 1990 Kat 600, i had little experience with motorcycles. zero with sportbikes. well i paid 1200 for it, and put 500 in right away for a new tire, and chain. and i believe i was scammed a little bit, but i still think it is worth it, because i have still put less than 2000 into it which is what i was aiming for, just fixing her up as i get the money. i think 1500 is reasonable. it gets me where i want to go, with little trouble ( and its a lot cheaper to park on campus than a car)
      "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

I spent $1000 on my kat, it was wrecked but about $500 to fix it and it was good to go. Sold it 2 months ago for $1500.

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
          I spent $1000 on my kat, it was wrecked but about $500 to fix it and it was good to go. Sold it 2 months ago for $1500.
          fellow Nebraskan.

Comment

I paid $500 for my first bike, which was a 1980 Honda CX500 when I was 19. That got stolen a year later so i bought a 1983 Yamaha Seca 550 for $300. Gave that bike to a friend, and then bought my Kat for $1600. I'd say a good running 500cc bike without full fairings for $1k or less usually makes the best beginner bike, since there's usually less damage to repair when it gets dropped, along with being lighter and less powerful, which makes them less intimidating to new riders with 0 experience. After a year or two of riding, and the new rider isn't dropping the bike regularly, then a nicer fancier bike would be fine.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

I bought my '99 Kat about 4 years ago for $2600 as my first bike when I was 19. I could not be happier with the purchase. About 15k miles on it when I bought it, now I'm up to about 37k miles.
              1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

now days though, can find bikes for that cheap price.

Comment

when I was 18 I bought a 1979 Kawasaki KZ400 for 500 (only reason I got it so cheap was because it was my gf's dad, it was in amazing condition)
                  just this past march I bought a 99 Katana 750 for 3500 CAD
                  1999 Katana 750

Comment

My first bike is the one I still have! My '92 Kat 750. I bought her in 2001 with only 7000 miles on the odometer and have had it ever since! I paid $3,300.00 for her. I can't afford to get a "newer" bike just yet!
                    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                    ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                    ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

Where do you guys find all these nice deals?

Comment

First bike for me was my little brothers 2003 Suzuki Intruder (Volusia). He sold it to me for 2000$. It was in great shape, and only had 3456 miles on it. I traded it at a stealership for a '95 Kat 750 a few months after getting it. I got the Kat and a grand back.

My '06 Kat I got as a leftover (in '07), for 6000$ out the door.
                        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                        Semper Fi

Comment

My brother and I got my first bike his second in a deal together both 06 600 kats for $4500 a piece brand new out the door.

Comment

i spent $1,000 on a 1983 kawi kz 550 (only had 1,083 miles on it)

kinda like this but different colors
                            Last edited by whitecl0ver; 04-09-2009, 01:08 PM.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

i bought a 82 yamaha seca 750 for $400 when i was 17 rode it for 2 years and then bought my katana

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X