X

The $1200 Katana Special...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by md86 View Post
    No , I have one from a 98+ I scored off of ebay a couple years ago . Tossed it in a pile of parts for our Kat business that never took off . Got a few parts up in J's garage , but mostly pre stuff .
    Check your PM's...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
      Malloc has a nice bike already

Must've missed that thread....

Perhaps for the next Katrider who gets their Kat jacked....

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post

He had two Kats -- an older 750 that was stolen and an 06 Kat 750 that he had just bought a couple weeks before the thefts. Only the older Kat was here when the thieves struck (he rode the new one home and left the old one here, when I gave him a ride to the place he bought it -- about 400 miles away).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Congratulations on the newest member of your Kat family Marc.
          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post

ya i was seeling the old kat to pay for the new one so basicaly i got screwd still
            sigpic

Comment

So basically the "portion" Malloc got was the envelope the money came in??

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                So basically the "portion" Malloc got was the envelope the money came in??
                Don't forget the stamp on the envelope. -Stamp collecting's nothing to sneeze at, you know.
                Last edited by Nero; 01-20-2008, 12:36 PM.
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

He will get his fair share in cash when I see him next.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Great write up! Excellent story! I'm glad that you had a good time at it and mostly back on 2 wheels! Good luck with all!
                    2000 Suzuki Katana 600 (Cryogenic suspension)
                    2002 Kawasaki Vulcan (Gone)
                    2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 (Gone)
                    2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

Comment

Congrats CP. Nice to hear you found something. Sounds like it needs a lot of work, but that is also part of the fun.
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

cp, why don't you make a list of parts your looking for because i'm sure most of us have piles of crap laying around. You know when you get the chance of course.
                        2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

Cool UK Colors

CP, loved the UK bike pics! HiVis is something I've really been thinking'bout a lot!

I was asking Erki about Suzi comp yellow w/ old school White Suzi checkerboards but those UK pics give lots of other ideas!!!

I'm not a big Seahawks fan but their colors might give some options too!

Good luck with the restore man!!! If anybody can bring'er back...I'm bettin' it's you!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                            He had two Kats -- an older 750 that was stolen and an 06 Kat 750 that he had just bought a couple weeks before the thefts. Only the older Kat was here when the thieves struck (he rode the new one home and left the old one here, when I gave him a ride to the place he bought it -- about 400 miles away).

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Umm, I was under the impression he had his only bike stolen. If he already had a replacement, which I am assuming he must of already paid for if it was in his possession, then why the need to take up a donation for him?
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Dude, I am straight up happy for you. I know the feeling. I was without a bike for a couple years and someone came thru for me when I needed it most. That's how I wound up with the "BigBlock Kat".

I think once you get it the way you want it, it'll be hard to sell. I believe you had a 600 right ? The step up to the 750 should really work out good for you.

Congrats, my big KR brother
                              Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 01-21-2008, 07:55 PM.
                              The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                                Umm, I was under the impression he had his only bike stolen. If he already had a replacement, which I am assuming he must of already paid for if it was in his possession, then why the need to take up a donation for him?
                                there was a post or 2 about Malloc already having a bike. It was not kept a secret or anything but it certainly was not referred to all that often during the charity case. The drive was all for the purpose of getting CP a bike, oh yeah, and to give Malloc a portion of the donations.
                                Last edited by chinto; 01-21-2008, 09:10 PM.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X