X

The $1200 Katana Special...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Congrats on the new ride. If anyone can bring it to a tip top shape it's you.
      Rock out with your knee out

FREE utilities for your PC

Comment

Well done Marc, and everyone else. What a great story. That bike is going to become the KR posterbike in no time. Maybe KOTM? KOTY?
        Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
          Glad to hear it worked out with this bike CP. I'm not sure if it will fit (though I know that you will know) but I have a near new OEM can and mid-pipe from my '06 600. If I recall correctly, it came off at about 3500-4000km.
          It's yours for the cost of shipping if you are interested.
          Thanks Spud, but Matt already came through locally with one I can have (just gotta drive about an hour each way), so I'm going that route instead... I've been meaning to get together and meet him anyway -- great excuse!

Originally posted by steves View Post
          Marc,
          I have a 160/60 Bridgestone Battleax out in the shed that I took off last spring (BT56 I think). It's yours if you want it.... it's no Z6, but has some decent tread left on it.
          Thanks Steve -- I really appreciate the offer... check your PM's. I'm not hurting for a rear at this point...

Originally posted by TT120 View Post
          Well done Marc, and everyone else. What a great story. That bike is going to become the KR posterbike in no time. Maybe KOTM? KOTY?

That's a bit over-board. If you've never noticed, I've never had KOTM, much less KOTY in all the years I've had Kats... even when I had pretty ones

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Last edited by The CyberPoet; 01-19-2008, 02:38 PM.
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I am not understanding the trade part, but if the pipe will bolt on to a 99 GSXR-600, I would be interested in it. Please explain about the "plastic weld/bondo tank dent/paint UK cop style" thing, if you mean you would want someone to do the repair and paint, my neighbor is good and perhaps I could pay him to do the work. 'Course, he and I are in Marietta, GA...

I may have the rear rotor, and am very confident I have the peg/guard, but need a clear pic of one to make sure (don't have a Kat750 to compare.) I have some very good front tires here, too, but don't recall make and don't have time to look at the mo.
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

That's great CP.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                I am not understanding the trade part, but if the pipe will bolt on to a 99 GSXR-600, I would be interested in it. Please explain about the "plastic weld/bondo tank dent/paint UK cop style" thing, if you mean you would want someone to do the repair and paint, my neighbor is good and perhaps I could pay him to do the work. 'Course, he and I are in Marietta, GA...
                Yes, the can should fit (will flow right), but I suspect you'd need a different mid-pipe than the one on the 98+ Kats.

For plastic welding AND paint, I'd bring the fairing pieces up to you in person, as well as the Yoshi as the payment...

The fairing has a flat crack on the left fairing that starts on the inside of where the blinker is and moves across the lower edge of the blinker lens, plus the raised center section between the two big holes is ground away quite a bit (but no full breach there). The tank is whole, but has a dent in it that's 1/4" deep and probably 1" x 1.75" across close the rear of the tank, plus scratches that go through the paint to the primer or possibly to the metal under the primer far forward on the tank.

Here's some of the UK cop bikes & cars with the same scheme -- remember, this isn't designed to be pretty to the beholder, it's designed to be as high-visibility as humanly possible -- this is on the concept the bike would be a loaner after I move to the next bike after this one:

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                I may have the rear rotor, and am very confident I have the peg/guard, but need a clear pic of one to make sure (don't have a Kat750 to compare.) I have some very good front tires here, too, but don't recall make and don't have time to look at the mo.
                I'll get pics at a point when it's not storming hellaciously in the great outdoors
                Don't sweat the tires -- I want those new, Z6's, no matter what. It's one of the few places I won't vary or compromise at all.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Last edited by The CyberPoet; 01-19-2008, 06:41 PM.
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Nice job CP! Kats are so fun to bring back to life!

PS. Thanks to all the folks who made the donation thread happen!
                  The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Comment

I think I have a bar somewhere in J's garage if you need one .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                      I think I have a bar somewhere in J's garage if you need one .
                      Pour me a drink, bros?

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Congrats Cp....

Glad I could help out...

If my Kat was running and I had the title to it I'd send it Malloc's way in a heartbeat...

Hope to see it at the Rally...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
                          Congrats Cp....

Glad I could help out...

If my Kat was running and I had the title to it I'd send it Malloc's way in a heartbeat...

Hope to see it at the Rally...
                          Malloc has a nice bike already
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                            Pour me a drink, bros?

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Clip on , perhaps ? I thought you said one of yours was bent .....

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                              Clip on , perhaps ? I thought you said one of yours was bent .....
                              Gotcha (I guess I didn't the first time). Yup, mine are bent (I think both sides, but I need to take them off the bike to double-check). I don't know what the differences are, but the Suzuki fiches show the pre- & 98+ to be different part numbers on those bars...

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

No , I have one from a 98+ I scored off of ebay a couple years ago . Tossed it in a pile of parts for our Kat business that never took off . Got a few parts up in J's garage , but mostly pre stuff .

Comment

Working...
                                X