Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

did you drop your bike in the 1st year of riding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i found out what happens if you park on hot asphalt with my 89 Honda CB-1, sidestand sank in and fell over put a dent in the tank. nothing since then, knock on wood.

Comment

I voted #3. I rearended a car at a very considerable speed going around a blind turn during my first year of riding. Wasted the bike and almost wasted me. Messed the car up pretty bad too. My body took out the rear window of it. Needless to say my riding habits have changed since then.

Comment

I voted I dropped mine while pushing it or it was parked, however, I also went down in a low speed crash.

This was within the first month of ownership. I bought used for a reason.
        -Stephen

the future's uncertain, and the end is always near - The Doors

Comment

I wrecked my old dirt bike Suzuki DR100 numerous times. I never dropped my 2001 bandit600 and haven't dropped my Kat yet.

Comment

I dropped my first bike , yeah . And my second . But I never actually WRECKED either of them . I waited for my third bike/year before I did that . And boy it was a doosy .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I went down in my 2nd season. Due to stupidity (putting my greasy hands all over my brand new tires as I was putting them on), and rider error (first corner I took the rear started sliding, held the throttle steady and "almost rode it out" ) If I was going faster I would have saved it. But The speed I was going I should have just put my foot down

Broken cluth lever, scratched fairing and engine case cover, and a bit of "knowledge for next time" were what I got out of that one. Oh, and I bruised my left leg up some

Comment

Years of riding, never dropped a bike.
                Frankly, I just consider it luck and not a sign of skill. I'm sure my time will come at some point. Hopefully it won't be too expensive, although I'm always looking for an excuse to get another bike.

Comment

I can`t vote on this one yet as I have only had my bike 2 weeks and just as long riding a motorcycle. And no, no incident yet. But this thread is going to stick in the back of my head now

www.3dflag.com

Comment

I have only ever had 2 drops, my first was like 2 or 3 years into my riding, and my second just a few weeks ago. I got lucky both times, and walked away with minor injuries.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I don't know what is meant by significant speed. I layed down my bike at 45kph (30mph). Would I want to be thrown out of a car at that speed? No, so I would consider that speed significant.
                      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

The first time I dropped my bike was during a slow speed maneuver. It was less than 5 mph becuasse I was coming to a stop. I was turning around in a parking space and not thinking I grabbed the brake before I had the bike completly upright. The bike just dropped out from under me. The second time I was at a standstill. I lost my footing on some gravel.

Comment

My first bike fell over on the trailer bringing it home... the hook on the tie strap broke... but "I" (lol) have never dropped it.... going into my third year now (second with the kat)

Comment

counting dirtbike I've wrecked a whole bunch of times, but I think you meant street
                            I've been riding street for 2 years at 17
                            only went down once at a MSF course, go figure
                            even then it barely touched the ground before I picked it up, nothing even got scratched
                            so I dunno how to vote...
                            Live and Lean.
                            When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                            "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                            Romans 3:23

Comment

I think all prior riding experience would have to be a factor. There could be two riders with equal time on their first large motorcycles, but their experiences might not be the same. If one rider rode a motorscooter or a dirt bike previously, it would provide a lot of experience in handling a motorized two-wheeler and/or driving in city traffic.

Comment

My first BIG street bike (Kaw. concours) And I had a bad time of it. I had been riding for about 8 years and one night while returning home from a vacation trip to Mexico I went down on the interstate at about 75/80 MPH, I had a semi truck in the right lane and I was in cruse mode about 20 miles from home been riding for about 10.5 hours and there was a huge dead cow! Right in front of me. I never saw it coming, tried to avoid it but lost the front end in the cow carnage. I had some bad rash and a broken wrist but that was it.
                                But me and the bike survived and I still ride it today.
                                I think that's way I never sold the connie, We shared a dramatic time in my life. It has out lasted two wives
                                Darren Drennan
                                Alexander, Arkansas
                                06 Katana 750

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Katana_Riders/

Comment

Working...
                                X