Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

did you drop your bike in the 1st year of riding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it only let me pick one
    Last edited by dragoncutlery; 09-10-2009, 11:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
    82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
    83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

• it took years before my bike touched the ground.......

and it was doing a fracking chain adjustment.

And my sliders were on the way in the mail.
      Last edited by tnvatdreamland; 09-11-2009, 11:43 AM. Reason: addition
      It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

• First day I got the bike, parked in a parking lot, put the bike in neutral, the N on the dash lit up, popped the clutch and the bike jumped forward and onto its side. I was like WTF to my friend who also owns a kat, he said.. "oh yeah, you gotta watch out for the false neutral.." .. haven't dropped it since that day.
        2006 Katana 600
        sigpic

Comment

• I haven't been riding for a year yet, but a couple weeks after I got my bike I pulled into a Walgreens parking lot to run an errand for my mom. I was pulling into a parking spot and was going to back the bike into it. I started to lean to much and I ALMOST saved it, but ended up not being able to handle it. A friend of mine that was there helped me get it back up..

Comment

• my dad knocked it over, good thing i had installed the sliders a week before and they saved it except the rear turn signal broke off
            "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

• The first bike I had was a 1984 Honda Nighthawk 650. Great bike, tons of fun. I laid it down at about 45mph when I got attacked by a deer. One broken clutch handle, a mashed foot peg, and a little rash on the front tire was all that happened after a ~30 foot slide. I was fine - wearing a padded fabric jacket, gloves, boots, helmet of course. All my gear was fine - even the back of my jacket after I slide down the asphalt on it.

I was riding home at night and there was a decent amount of fog collected on the sides of the road. A deer was hiding by a street light, where the light and fog combined to make an wonderful barrier where it stood... waiting. As I approached, it dashed out at me and just barely managed to get itself in the way of my front wheel. I hit it pretty hard... I figured its back end would be badly damaged. When I got up, the deer was sitting on the side of the road, legs pulled under itself like a dog when it's lying down. It was just looking around, staring blankly at me as if to say "What? What'd you do that for?" I gave it a stern lecture and then walked 200 yards to my house where I had a spare clutch handle. When I got back to my bike the deer was gone. I guess it was just stunned. Silly, silly deer.

Comment

• This one is a bit confusing in my case because in the last four years I've actually owned eight different bikes, four cruisers and four sportbikes.

As for the sportbike and cruiser I currently own, neither has gone down. However, my 06 750 Kat went through a 65 mph high side with me three weeks off the showroom floor, and then tossed me off at 10 mph (small patch of gravel) eight months later, thus explaining my selling it and getting a Gibson guitar. The Ninja ZX600E I rode from Texas to the rally and back, which also was T-boned by a 400+ lb wild boar, never ever went down...did wind up with a generous amount of boar bristles in the seams of the fairings though.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

• I had my CBR stored for the first year I owned it. I did drop it months after while riding around the yard. Grass is not very friendly and was lucky enough no damage was done! Also dropped it doing a wheelie on the road to my apts. I wasn't wearing my helmet and had my bluetooth (h700) on and it fell off...I sat it down to grab it before it got ran over and hit the brake and she went straight down on it's side sending me to pavement @ about 45 w no gear on ....tore up my palms, wrists, and left knee bad...The Katana however hasn't seen the ground any since I've owned it. Trying to keep it that way!!! Had a few scares though because I haven't got the kickstand shortened since I lowered it...
                  Last edited by stretched600; 10-31-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• I always flip off going around in the back yard on this slick *** grass. So i just don't go back there any more. I save the bike cause it always falls on me an not the ground. So i just lay there for a minute an look up in the sky an ask myself why the f&&k do i keep trying to turn around back here. LOL
                    Freddieboy

Comment

• "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Working...
                      X