Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

why do harley riders hate people on rockets??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I offended a harley rider on wednesday. I was rolling up to a stoplight and heard him behind me. I eased to the left side of the lane so he could come up beside me. we said hello at the light and I began looking over his bike. you could see him thinking " yeah that's right boy take a look at a real bike". so then I asked "is that a sportster?" with a disgusted look on his face he growls "no it's a softail night train". then the light changed and he raced away to the next light and went to make a right. in his haste to show off he stalled it. twas a great moment.

Comment

since when has any one group ever liked the other when it comes to Anything....

whenever a die hard group forms it usually means they think they are the best so of course they will put down everyone else.
      03 katanika

Comment

Most harely owners are too fat to ride a croch rocket.
        Oh, and their old ass joints don't allow them to assume the riding position.

Comment

Your "real riders" will wave to anyone regardless of what they ride. If it's 2 wheels its 2 wheels and we're all in the same fraternity here, just different styles of bikes.

Most of it is just stupid pride when Hogs don't wave to sportbike riders. You have your sportbike riders that dont wave to Hogs either..it goes both ways but generally Hog riders who think they are king shiat and unless its a Harley its garbage are the ones you wanna just write off as idiots.

Comment

I sense that Harley riders don't like sport bikes in general is because they don't like the types of riders that they perceive ride them (e.g. squids). However, I don't seem any to have any problems in getting return waves from cruiser riders, although I get the occassional snub from a Harley. Even the police on motorbikes wave up here in friendly Canada.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I wave to everyone, no matter the bike...

Most do wave back...a few don't, and I don't mind. Maybe they have had a bad day or ???

I don't think we should dwell upon it and let it bother us...life is too short.

Just ride and enjoy as much as possible 8)
              Keep the shiny side up...

Comment

I don't care.....

'CAUSE BURGMAN RIDERS ROCK!

Comment

be honest with you guys I work with guys who ride Harleys and nothing else. They have been riding them from the late 60's until now. They have suffered through the AMF years and one fella was just about a Hells Angel at one point. they are the true HD riders and I respect them. They Hate and are embarrassed with all the new found chopper shit and the doctors and dentists and every di#khead with a small D*ck who buys the latest piece of outdated farm equipment because it makes them feel cool.So when a HD guy waves back hes most likely old school,could be an Angel or something of the like.Its the weekend warrior type who dont wave. Tell tale sign is the flames and the American thunder bull on his shirt,pants boots.helmet and thong!

Comment

Lot's of crotch rocket riders are just as bad. I hear about it all the time from my cruiser riding buds. It's almost like a culture war. Sad.

Deport the illegals! Now!

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
                      be honest with you guys I work with guys who ride Harleys and nothing else. They have been riding them from the late 60's until now. They have suffered through the AMF years and one fella was just about a Hells Angel at one point. they are the true HD riders and I respect them. They Hate and are embarrassed with all the new found chopper shiate and the doctors and dentists and every di#khead with a small D*ck who buys the latest piece of outdated farm equipment because it makes them feel cool.So when a HD guy waves back hes most likely old school,could be an Angel or something of the like.Its the weekend warrior type who dont wave. Tell tale sign is the flames and the American thunder bull on his shirt,pants boots.helmet and thong!
                      I tend to agree with most of what you wrote.

There are Four kinds of Harley riders as far as I'm concerned:

The one-percenters. These guys eat, drink, crap and exhale HD orange, often belong to gangs like Hell's Angels, have integrated riding into their lifestyle to the point that it's as integral as breathing. They won't wave because they don't believe you are an one-percenter. If they do think you're an one-percenter (such as it's obvious you rode around the globe -- the long way), they'll wave no matter what you're on. BTW, there are Hell's Angels/Jokers/etc. who ride things other than HD's, especially in their foriegn branches.

Next comes what I call the next nineteen-percenters. These guys are those who aren't quite one-percenters, but their bikes are customized by hand instead of out of a catalog. They weld, stretch metal, craft leather, tinker and ride. It's their originals that end up being repro'd to make catalog items. Often these are the guys the one percenters use as mechanics when they can't do something themselves. Their leathers are crusty old and creased. Their toolbags are overflowing (and they have toolbags -- always). They put serious miles on the bike. Often you can spot these guys because they are the ones riding to work during the middle of the week in crap weather. They will usually wave to anyone who waves and talk to any rider, although they are still convinced their bikes are better (and in some senses, they are, because they are unique expressions of their own workmanship -- an HD is more like a blank canvas to them than it is a motorcycle in it's own right). These are the guys you'll see riding 50 year old HD's in near-mint condition.

Next comes the 20% who are "just riders." They would ride anything, but happen to be riding an HD at the moment. Some brand preferences, but not enough to make it part of their lifestyle beyond to whatever degree it's convenient. In a sense, they belong to the nineteen-percenters, but are younger or less mechanically skilled (or both) and aren't brand-fixated yet. They'll talk to anyone, wave to anyone, use the bike to enjoy themselves. Some ride on weekend, some ride across the country, but they all ride and enjoy the ride more than the bike. You can usually spot them because their bikes are still virtually 100% stock, but not looking showroom new in any sense.

Finally comes what I call the 120 proofers (120 proof = 60% by volume). These are the guys whose primary enjoyment in life is swilling drinks (usually crud-beer) on the weekend, and the HD is their entry ticket into the social circles they want to get into to feel "special" and "different". They have showboat rides consisting strictly of catalog upgrades and chromed bling. You can throw every wanna-be, corporate suit, dentist, accountant, ambulance-chasing lawyer who doesn't fall into any of the categories above, and the rest of the of the posers into this group. They are chasing a dream that has eluded them (and it might be as simple as not being able to make friends easily any other way). One-percenters won't talk to them, nineteen-percenters find them annoyingly dull but an important source of income (so they are tolerated to a point), and the just riders are too busy riding to bother with them. Many of these guys won't wave because they really didn't notice you (not enough rider perception to scan the other side of a median), while others won't because you don't belong to the "club". I suspect deep in the dark recesses of my brain that most of these riders had parents who belonged to country clubs and they grew up hating the country club stereotype, so they are forming their own anti-country-club groups by buying Harleys. These guys have new leather chaps and vests, upscale sunglasses and the oldest pair of jeans they can still fit into, no toolbag (or toolbag doubles as sunglass holder), and the bike is immaculate most of the time.

Just my take on it... My uncle was an one-percenter for many years (he's also serving his 8th or 9th felony conviction at this point), and I was exposed to a lot of one-percenters and nineteen-percenters for a few years as a kid as a result.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

my uncle is in a club,wont say no names but.all his club brothers call my bike scooter trash.basicaaly becuas ethere japanese.plain and simple.yet more and more harlets PARTS are jap.its all diff for some harlet riders.but this is the reason im givin.i dont wave or nod unless they do first.

Comment

Originally posted by Zukiman
                          Lot's of crotch rocket riders are just as bad. I hear about it all the time from my cruiser riding buds. It's almost like a culture war. Sad.

Deport the illegals! Now!
                          Yes they are.. sportbikers are not without fault that is for sure. There are Hog riders that are courteous and will wave anything on 2 wheels but its certainly not common place. I would venture a guess that sportbikers that dont wave at Hog riders have been hardened over the decades of "holier than thou" attitudes and that carries over from generation to generation. Even if every harley rider suddenly began waving at every sportbiker tomorrow, it would years for the trickle down effect to hit every sportbike rider.

Comment

Whats the differnce between a Harley and a hoover????????????

The position of the dirt bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
                            http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Hey Cyber sorry to bust your bubble but you counted wrong.

There are three kinds of Harley riders as far as I'm concerned:

The one-percenters. These guys eat, drink, crap and exhale HD orange, often belong to gangs like Hell's Angels, have integrated riding into their lifestyle to the point that it's as integral as breathing. They won't wave because they don't believe you are an one-percenter. If they do think you're an one-percenter (such as it's obvious you rode around the globe -- the long way), they'll wave no matter what you're on. BTW, there are Hell's Angels/Jokers/etc. who ride things other than HD's, especially in their foriegn branches.

That is one
                              Next comes what I call the next nineteen-percenters. These guys are those who aren't quite one-percenters, but their bikes are customized by hand instead of out of a catalog. They weld, stretch metal, craft leather, tinker and ride. It's their originals that end up being repro'd to make catalog items. Often these are the guys the one percenters use as mechanics when they can't do something themselves. Their leathers are crusty old and creased. Their toolbags are overflowing (and they have toolbags -- always). They put serious miles on the bike. Often you can spot these guys because they are the ones riding to work during the middle of the week in crap weather. They will usually wave to anyone who waves and talk to any rider, although they are still convinced their bikes are better (and in some senses, they are, because they are unique expressions of their own workmanship -- an HD is more like a blank canvas to them than it is a motorcycle in it's own right). These are the guys you'll see riding 50 year old HD's in near-mint condition.

that is two

Next comes the 20% who are "just riders." They would ride anything, but happen to be riding an HD at the moment. Some brand preferences, but not enough to make it part of their lifestyle beyond to whatever degree it's convenient. In a sense, they belong to the nineteen-percenters, but are younger or less mechanically skilled (or both) and aren't brand-fixated yet. They'll talk to anyone, wave to anyone, use the bike to enjoy themselves. Some ride on weekend, some ride across the country, but they all ride and enjoy the ride more than the bike. You can usually spot them because their bikes are still virtually 100% stock, but not looking showroom new in any sense.

that is three

Finally comes what I call the 120 proofers (120 proof = 60% by volume). These are the guys whose primary enjoyment in life is swilling drinks (usually crud-beer) on the weekend, and the HD is their entry ticket into the social circles they want to get into to feel "special" and "different". They have showboat rides consisting strictly of catalog upgrades and chromed bling. You can throw every wanna-be, corporate suit, dentist, accountant, ambulance-chasing lawyer who doesn't fall into any of the categories above, and the rest of the of the posers into this group. They are chasing a dream that has eluded them (and it might be as simple as not being able to make friends easily any other way). One-percenters won't talk to them, nineteen-percenters find them annoyingly dull but an important source of income (so they are tolerated to a point), and the just riders are too busy riding to bother with them. Many of these guys won't wave because they really didn't notice you (not enough rider perception to scan the other side of a median), while others won't because you don't belong to the "club". I suspect deep in the dark recesses of my brain that most of these riders had parents who belonged to country clubs and they grew up hating the country club stereotype, so they are forming their own anti-country-club groups by buying Harleys. These guys have new leather chaps and vests, upscale sunglasses and the oldest pair of jeans they can still fit into, no toolbag (or toolbag doubles as sunglass holder), and the bike is immaculate most of the time.

And that is four

Just my take on it... My uncle was an one-percenter for many years (he's also serving his 8th or 9th felony conviction at this point), and I was exposed to a lot of one-percenters and nineteen-percenters for a few years as a kid as a result.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet[/quote]

Sorry i just couldn't resist
                              here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
                              http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Woobie wrote
                                I've found that very early in the season and Late in the season everyone waves regardless of the bike type. Once it warms up and the posers come out of the wood work then then snubbing begins.

I wave regardless, they don;t wave back I don't loose any sleep over it.

I agree 100%, In the begining and end of the season it's just nice to see another nut like yourself out enjoying the ride when most bikes are in storage. We gotta get every ride possible out of the short season we have up in Canada. To me a biker is a biker no matter what they ride.
                                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
                                X