No announcement yet.
X

HOW FAST HAVE YOU GONE ON YOUR kAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the bike at 235kph (146mph) indicated. However, my speedometer is off only by a little (maybe -5kph) so over 140mph. Never had a chance to go faster as the bike still had throttle.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Fast enought to hurt..............
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by md86
        The speed limit here is 65 .

Okay , indicated 115 , which is probably about 105 .
        That is right, you were behind me and I was registering 120.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

155 MPH indicated!! Also done the same two up !!!

Until the bike spluttered after about 3 mins at that speed.

I think that the float level goes down faster than the gravity fed fuel!! After easing off for a min then its back to normal
          www.gran-torino.com
          www.nikkirous.com

Comment

100 mph a few weeks ago. Traffic was coming up on the highway so I had to back off. That was my last ride of my rookie season.
            Submariners do it deeper

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              The speed limit here is 65 .

Okay , indicated 115 , which is probably about 105 .
              http://www.putfile.com/omegajireh AKA ONYOUR6 ......If you think education is expensive, wait till you see the price of ignorance!

Comment

Originally posted by mystahagy
                INDICATED 160, and it was still moving up. Not sure on the actual speed, but that was dang fast. Never did that again, it was just to satisfy curiosity.
                Your rite about that. The speedo on mine said 150 but its off 5mph thats what a speed check said and so did my gps.
                http://www.putfile.com/omegajireh AKA ONYOUR6 ......If you think education is expensive, wait till you see the price of ignorance!

Comment

Rain = 110mph on the way to the Gap '05
                  IN THE RAIN!?!?!?! You need slapped. Seriously.

My current ride of choice

Comment

Originally posted by Kanati
                    mybe he had rain tiers on? :P

Comment

147 when I looked down but that was under deceleration,bad ass feeling though.I guess thats fast enough.

Comment

145 mph indicated.....fast enough "not" to hurt.

Comment

147 indicated. ive done about 120mph in the rain before... thats better than my friend that does wheelies in the rain on his gixxer.

Comment

I ride well below the speed limit in the rain because the water demons will try to jump up and bite me. I know it...

With the busa I'll probably not ride in the rain at all... It wants to spin up the back tire when it's dry. I'd be on my butt picking up a scratched to hell busa if I tried it in the rain methinks.

My current ride of choice

Comment

I have gotten up to 200 on my Kat ...It was a perfect day weather wise, no traffic, long straight highway...

Then I woke up and the whole dream thing was just ruined because I had to drive to work in traffic on my Kat doing 30mph, freezing the whole way

Real life...top speed in the low triple digits...

Wishing everyone on KR the best 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Kanati
                                It's really not as bad as you would think and I didn't even realize I was going that fast until I looked down. Mind you I knew I was cookin' but never felt uncomfortable and it really wasn't much different than running 60. No sudden movements and try to stay in whatever tire paths are left from the people ahead of you as much as possible.

Now as stupid as it may sound there are a few things to consider here too. I had been on the road in the constant pouring rain for at least 3 hours when this happened so I was fully acclimated(sp) to the bike and how it was handling (Diablo's are awesome in the rain BTW) and I was also in full leather gear.

As a side note I've heard from at least a couple of people that race that going down in the rain is a lot better than the dry because you just sliiiiiiiiide instead of grip and roll. Most equate it to coming off a set of water skies....hard. Don't know, haven't tried, don't plan to.... and I did slow it down after I realized how fast I was going.
                                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                                X