Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

88 1127 swap into 04 kat 6-exhaust ideas??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 1127 swap into 04 kat 6-exhaust ideas??

So I just did the glorious 1127 engine switch-out into my 2004 Katana 600, and I'd like to hear some ideas on an exhaust solution. The donor motor is an '88 model. I would really like to not have to do too many permanent mods to the 600 exhaust or mounts just in case one day I would like to go back to the complete stock setup.

I currently have the gsxr headpipe down to the 2 collectors, and the full kat 6 setup. As far as I can tell from both personal experience wrenching, and research on this lovely ;D forum, I think it would really hamper performance to use the smaller 600 headpipes with the higher flowing 1127, however, the impression I get is the Kat can should still be fine. My only two ideas I've come up with is: 1- to bolt the stock 600 can back in place, mount the 1127 headpipes, and weld/fabricate something up that will feed (stock-style) into the can. And 2- to hope and pray that there is some aftermarket full setup that would not involve me hacking all my fairings apart and/or chopping and welding up new mounts (plus I really wouldn't mind the added performance!)

When I have the time and the project is complete, I'm gonna head over to Mechanics 101 and do a picture heavy play-by-play of the process. My phones already jammed full of pics, so keep your eyes trained....

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers guys and gals

I believe this thread has some exhaust info
    Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
    From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
    this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

If that's not the right one, I know I read a thread in the mechanics section the other day that had info on which exhausts fit. It sounded like most late 80's oil cooled suzukis. It also had info on what exhausts needed belly pan modifications, oil pan mods, etc.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
    X