X

Taking passengers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking passengers

What do you guys tell your passengers before they ride, especially new ones that haven't rode before? I try to explain to them to keep their body lined up with mine and hold on to me but I feel like a lot of them do not understand and cause the bike to get unstable during turns, especially slow ones. Maybe this is just their lack of experience or possibly mine lol...

Sit down, shut up, hang on and DON'T MOVE.

Comment

For whatever reason, new riders tend to lean the opposite of the rider. so make sure she holds on to you and moves the way you move. they also like looking over the riders shoulder and it kind of throws the balance off alittle. other than that you are good to go. also make she they understand the need to hang on!
      2002 yzf600r 35k, 98 katana 750 black 49k, 95 cobra blown

Comment

I have a solo cowl on my bike for a reason. No Passengers allowed! The passenger seat only comes out for a damsel in distress - one that seems smart enough to folow directions.
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
          Sit down, shut up, hang on and DON'T MOVE.
          Sounds about right
          Guylaine
          Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by ncj_23 View Post
            For whatever reason, new riders tend to lean the opposite of the rider. so make sure she holds on to you and moves the way you move. they also like looking over the riders shoulder and it kind of throws the balance off alittle. other than that you are good to go. also make she they understand the need to hang on!
            I think that what might be throwing me off. She has been looking over my shoulder and I think she moves back to line up with me as i start the turn. I also took the rear handle off the bike forcing my passengers to hold on to me... I hate it when they hold that thing!

Comment

A few simple rules...
              a) always get on and off on the same side of the bike.
              b) never get off before I tell you to (and refer to "a")
              c) hang on, especially when I acclerate from a red light....ease up on my ribs when we're at cruising speed
              d) if I tap your left knee, I'm going to accelerate to make a pass...hang on and try your best not to scream or you'll be back at step "a"
              e) if I tap your left hand which around my waist....it means I'm going to be gearing down or perhaps coming to a stop. I'd really appreciate it if you pushed on the small of my back as I try to get further back in the saddle so I don't crush the "twins".
              f) I keep my thoughts to myself when I ride you, so you might want to consider keeping your thoughts to yourself when you're riding with me.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I tell my passengers to relax, keep their body in line with mine and just tilt their head to look over my shoulder in the direction of a turn.

The last bit tends to keep them from trying to lean opposite the direction of a turn. I had a girl do that to me all of a sudden once and she almost threw us into a retaining wall. Last time she ever rode with me!
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                  A few simple rules...
                  c) hang on, especially when I acclerate from a red light....ease up on my ribs when we're at cruising speed
                  d) if I tap your left knee, I'm going to accelerate to make a pass...hang on and try your best not to scream or you'll be back at step "a"
                  e) if I tap your left hand which around my waist....it means I'm going to be gearing down or perhaps coming to a stop. I'd really appreciate it if you pushed on the small of my back as I try to get further back in the saddle so I don't crush the "twins".
                  f) I keep my thoughts to myself when I ride you, so you might want to consider keeping your thoughts to yourself when you're riding with me.
                  I dont think that anyone could say it better

Comment

"Keep your boobies on my shoulder blades." It was an odd conversation piece when I was taking my sister-in-law out

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by kcmop8ntballa View Post
                      I also took the rear handle off the bike forcing my passengers to hold on to me... I hate it when they hold that thing!
                      Maybe that is part of the problem, not the solution.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

A few simple rules...
                        Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
                        "Keep your boobies on my shoulder blades." It was an odd conversation piece when I was taking my sister-in-law out
                        Best answers and luckily no sisters-in-laws to worry about

Comment

Hahaha

Pretty quick for a "Slofuze" LOL...
                          A few simple rules...
                          Like it...

Like it...

LOVE IT!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Comment

Just paying it forward.
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Old man's got some life left in him!
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X