X

750 handlebars on 600 Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 handlebars on 600 Kat?

Hi, i have my Kat for 3 years now and absolutely love it. However since i mostly do touring and commuting to work (city riding) i wish i could sit a bit more upright. Some say that 750 has a better riding position due the fact that handlebars are higher. Do you guys know if i could fit 750 handlebars on my 600? How many parts would i have to swap?

Thanks for the response! Safe riding.

(non-native English speaker sorry for mistakes

There are more options than just that, check out this thread...

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ght=jetmerritt

Comment

Thanks! However i don't think i need it that much higher, 750 bars would probably work and there is plenty of used parts for 750s here in Poland. I just wonder if it involves more then just swapping the bars?

Cheers,
      davepol
      Last edited by davepol; 12-10-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davepol View Post
        Thanks! However i don't think i need it that much higher, 750 bars would probably work and there is plenty of used parts for 750s here in Poland. I just wonder if it involves more then just swapping the bars?

Cheers,
        davepol

You swap the entire upper tripple (2 piece on the 750). You can slightly modify the bars you have to work with the 750 tripple setup by cutting a groove in them to match what you need. They already have one, it's just in a slightly different location between the 600 and 750s. That will give you the height you need. The other issue is going to be the height of the bars may require longer cables and brake lines.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I didn't research it thoroughly, but it seemed the upper and lower triple tree would be required as well as all the bar parts. There are a few links in that mess I sent you with other options. The 600 1" risers would probably be the easiest for you, but you would have to get them made there or shipped from the US.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! If the mod involves only swapping the top part (tripple; tree) then it would be really easy and i think worth doing. Cables have some extra length so they should work as well.
            Last edited by davepol; 12-10-2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I just did this a few months ago, except I went from 750 to 600. All you need to get is both upper tripples and possibly the steering stem bolt from a 750. The steering stem bolts are different lengths per setup. My 750 bolt was to long for the 600 tripple, so I would asume the 600's bolt will be to short for the 750 tripple.

Comment

I have a 2006 Kat, and i was reading on Katriders that something changed in 2003 and possibly i have to get post-2003 parts That's too bad because there is plenty of parts on ebay but all of them are pre-2003.

Comment

Originally posted by davepol View Post
                  I have a 2006 Kat, and i was reading on Katriders that something changed in 2003 and possibly i have to get post-2003 parts That's too bad because there is plenty of parts on ebay but all of them are pre-2003.

That is correct. The forks are space wider apart, so you will need to keep with in the 03+ year range.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

03-06 front end is different. Can suck for finding parts
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Thanks! I will look for post-03 parts then.
                      davepol

Comment

Working...
                      X