No announcement yet.
X

600 vs 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be curdmudgeon who says to get niether, get an 1100! I am biased toward big engines and I love the torque that a 1100 can give.

Comment

I have a 1996 600 I toured over 10k last summer and it worked ,I get good gas mileage sometime near 60mpg .I did put the 750 risers on this year . If your going to get it to tour on i think id look for a 750 but not because it has alot more power as i think there probly very close to the same type power speed feel etc> it would make sense the longer wheelbase on the 750 might take some of the bumps out

Comment

Originally posted by wepainters View Post
        it would make sense the longer wheelbase on the 750 might take some of the bumps out
        I have found longer bikes to be more stable on the highway, another thing I love about my Kat1100.

The thing I like about smaller bikes and their shorter length is that they are more enjoyable to drive around the city. Given a choice of a soft bagged 600 or my 1100 to make a beer run, I'd choose the 600.
        Heck, I have been looking off and on for a used TU250 to use as a put around town bike.

Comment

I have a 2005-750 and my wife has a 2002-600. The rides are almost identical, however I do notice when i`m riding my wifes bike I always tend to try and grab for one more gear. As stated before,2 up riding you will defintley appreciate the extra pull of the 750.

Comment

Same here, I love my 750 but only rode a 600 GSXR which was a bit to, I don't have the right word, edgy, crisp, something like that>
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
            Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
            R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
            1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
            RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
            3BBB turn signal mirrors,
            Black painted seat and rear trim,
            Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Working...