X

The 1200 Dollar Special Redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost three years later....

After getting married, moving twice and selling the 05 and junking the 96; wreches are being turned on this bike again. after doing numberous searches and part calculations I should have this bike running by the end of year.

Then there is a monkey wrench get throw into the works. If anyone remembers my Bike review of the Suzuki GZ-250 I did hear waaaaay back in the day- that bike got dropped off in my lap pretty much free of charge. So now there are two bikes in this house again. while the 750 is getting its act together, now I got this chrome covered monster to deal with. I hate chrome. (just kidding) but hey I am alive and well, and the 750 is still around.

Comment

• One my favorite threads is back, the $1200 redux zombie.

You've been busy, congrats on the marriage now on to the important stuff like getting the bike back on the road.:bunny2
      Last edited by Blackdog; 03-21-2013, 03:01 PM. Reason: sp
      Blackdog
      DRz-400e plated
      Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

• Dang

Comment

• Zombie thread update alert!!
          Almost three years later again and an update of sorts.
          Life took a serious Shizz turn, marriaage is sorta in the toilet, we sold the house we were living in, i cant move into the apt the wife is staying at and she cant stay where i am at due to two dogs. I had to rip this bike apart again for the 4th, 5th hell i cant remember how many times now to move it to another location. AGAIN!!
          While tearing it apart again i screwed some stuff up oin the bike (a oil cooler line to say the least). The frame is sitting out in the elements again due to lake of space undoing all the frame work i put into her to begin with. its temporary i keep telling myself. im not sure how far i will get this time before someelse stupid happens again.
          But I degress, The bike is here sorta, in boxes scattered through out the garage i intially worked on her in the first place. I have no pictures to show right now (unless you want to see a bunch of banana and apple boxes) but she is safe for now.
          Now for me and the bike to rebond again. First off, I usually name my bikes, I cannot remember if i ever did name it and and after watching the Avengers II i was going to initally call the bike "Veronica" then i got hooked on Anime and though hell - perfect place to find a name for this machine. A machine i feel that I have rejected her as much as she has rejected me. after watching some anime, i stumbled on a name for the bike. and I think CP would be pleased with the name: "Satellizer"
          You can go google that on yer own.hehe

I feel remorseful after so long that thing is not running, that my marriage drove me to almost being a ghost on almost all of my motorcycle forums that i am a member on. for that I humbly apologize. hopefully you will see me and Satellizer both up and running soon
          With much love and Respect
          Sundowner

Comment

• I for one am patiently waiting, I know all to well how "life changes" can effect projects. Hoping the best of the future for you Brother!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• Wow, more happens in 3 years of your life then happens in mine in 20 years.
              Wishing you and the bike good fortune
              Blackdog
              DRz-400e plated
              Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

• Well Quick Update (with alot more to come in the Future!!)
                The Divorce is in the Can. Done, Over with.

Now I survived, and so did the Bikes, Both the GZ250, and the 1200 DS. They are just not rideable at the moment. The Kat is still in pieces and the GZ needs Fork seals and a new chain and Sprocket.

But we are here and still kicking

Glad that shit is over really....

Comment

Working...
                X