X

What wire is this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wire is this?

I've been trying to diagnose a WOT stumble and I was looking over my harness. I found this wire which runs down into the sprocket cover. This is on a '90 750 kat. This wire is supposed to be in a little grove between the cover and the engine case but instead its pinched between the two. What is the purpose of this wire?

I'm not sure what it is but you're correct about where it goes. You can see it in the third pic in this thread. It should have a "U" shaped grommet around it that slides into a recess in the sprocket cover (right side of second pic, outer edge of cover).

If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
    Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
    Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !

Comment

I took the cover off. Right now I'm guessing its the neutral sensor. Probably has nothing to do with my issue.

Comment

I'd start with checking or even changing the plugs and fuel filter. I had a similar issue at two different times and it was one of the two for me.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenspann27 View Post
          Right now I'm guessing its the neutral sensor. Probably has nothing to do with my issue.
          correct

Comment

Working...
          X