Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Shock Swap Success! R6 Shock in a Pre Kat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSteve View Post
    Thanks for the write up! Just ordered a 06 shock for $60 shipped. Cant wait to see how it rides
    You getting bushings for the clevis with it? Or if ya have someone that does machining they can be made very easily. You will need to reduce the 12mm hole down to 10mm for the kat bolt.

Tmod

Comment

I was gonna take a stab at them myself to see if I could make it work. Out of curiosity, how much would you charge to make me a set?
      The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

Originally posted by TheSteve View Post
        I was gonna take a stab at them myself to see if I could make it work. Out of curiosity, how much would you charge to make me a set?
        Probably a few bucks + shipping.

Tmod

Comment

Well if its that cheap I may as well go with yours instead of rigging something up. Let me know the total price shipped to 85283 and your paypal address.

Thanks

Comment

Would you recommend this option for a pre 750? If so, does it make sense to get the '08 R6 shock? How about '08 R6S shock? Sorry to hijack this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil the Thrill View Post
              Would you recommend this option for a pre 750? If so, does it make sense to get the '08 R6 shock? How about '08 R6S shock? Sorry to hijack this thread.
              I have not tried this on a pre 750. If you were going to give it a try, I would go with the 08. Should mount with no mods to the battery box.

Well the bike is back together (Damn Deer), the snow is about melted so hopefully I will be able to get back to doing some more testing and comment more on my progress of dialing it it sometime in the next week or so.
              Last edited by SGTJimbo_Kat600; 04-09-2009, 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Originally posted by Phil the Thrill View Post
                Conventional Kat wisdom is that if it fit the Pre600, the fitment on the Pre750 should be very similar.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Just finished installing it, and it does feel a bit nicer now. No time to really test it out but it seemed ok around the block

Comment

Here are some updates. I upped the preload on the 06-07 R6 shock to the max ( I am about 190 ish. Got it dialed in fairly well, then I highsided the bike so been trying to get things sorted out after that. Tonight I swapped in the 08 R6 shock. Here are a few photos of it installed.

Hope to get some good riding in this weekend to do some testing on this one. I will keep ya all posted.
                    Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

Comment

Damn , preload collar at the top . SUCKS how all decent shocks seem to do that nowadays .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

it does make it a bit of a pain to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                          Damn , preload collar at the top . SUCKS how all decent shocks seem to do that nowadays .
                          Racetech does have a threaded collar that you use a rod to adjust so it would make it alot easier than using anything else.

Tmod

Comment

I just did this swap also and I love it. Bike feels way better with the newer shock. Thanks to Tmod too for his help with mine.
                            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

i recently did this swap and my bike "90 600", seems to be alot lower than befor i neglected to do a befor and after s.a.g ,but i can just feel its alot lower. also i have to lean to the right to get my kick stand up and down... i weight about 255 any way i could lower the front to compensate?

Comment

Lowering the front is easy, just support the bike, loosen the triple tree clamps and slide the forks up. Won't get any firmer but it'll lower it a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X