X

What did this rear wheel come off of?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did this rear wheel come off of?

O.K. I'm really confused. I'm doing a wheel swap on my 93 Kat. I know that I can put the 98+ wheel on the back. I know exactly what I need. I find this guy that has a 4.5" width rim. He said the size is casted into the rim. The rim looks exactly like the ones that I have on my 93 Kat. He sent me a picture. I couldn't believe that this rim is 4.5" wide. After doing some searching on Ebay I find the same rim off of a 97 Kat. Is this possible to have a 5 bolt rotor in a 4.5" width on a pre 98? If it is, what bike did this wheel come off of? I can't upload the pic so click on my avatar on the left.
    Last edited by Kfreak; 01-02-2008, 07:47 PM.

Does the rim you got have sweeping spokes like your Pre 98 wheel (original)?

If so, it's either....not 4.5 (and he just scammed you), or it's an old Bandit wheel.

Comment

Old Gixer (do have the same one lying around here somewhere)

Comment

If you can't upload the picture, then you probably need to resize it and make it smaller.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

look at his avatar Steve

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
            look at his avatar Steve
            I'm saying, in general if the site doesn't allow you to upload something it's probably too big.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I have several orphaned wheels, and they ALL have the rim width and diameter cast or stamped on them. And it seems that Bandit wheels will fit some Kats. Perhaps things are not as bad as some might think?
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I didn't buy the rim, I'm being cautious. What threw me off was the 4.5 stamped on the rim. The spokes are the same style as my 93 Kat. They are the sweeping style. I'm thinking it came off an 1100. The pictures in my manual are showing an 1100 with a 5 bolt rotor and my manual covers up to 96. I don't know if the axle bolt hole is the same diameter as my stock bolt.
                Last edited by Kfreak; 01-03-2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

the kat 1100 rims dont look like any other kat or gsxr rim and the 1100 rims are 16"

Comment

Well...... I broke down and bought the rim. Luck was on my side. Yes it is a 17x4.50 and my original axle shaft is the same diameter. My bike is a 93 750-F with a 17x3.50 rear rim. My Haynes manual shows a diagram with this wheel style for a "late" GSX-R 750 and a "late" GSX-R 1100 model. They don't specify the year they just specify "late". This one just changed the rules or no one ever pursued this wheel style. I just didn't want to buy a front rim if I didn't have to.
                    Last edited by Kfreak; 02-15-2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X